• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla 121 - Engine Oil Issue

Ushie

Hello All,

I daily drive a corolla 121 (YOM - 2000) with 230k km on clock. Recently I'm experiencing a loss of engine oil (very small quantity). I drive this approx 15km daily. Every two weeks now i have to refill the engine oil by approx 1L. No leakage on the floor or no black smoke is producing. What may be the issue on this? 

4 minutes ago, Ushie said:

developed gradually. 

Then it seems general engine wear with this millage (sometimes millage may be bit higher than 230k if previous owners have tampered it).

15 * 14 = 210

1L for 200 km is bit higher consumption so you need an engine overhaul I suppose. 

BTW, Which grade oil you are using?

16 minutes ago, gayanath said:

Then it seems general engine wear with this millage (sometimes millage may be bit higher than 230k if previous owners have tampered it).

15 * 14 = 210

1L for 200 km is bit higher consumption so you need an engine overhaul I suppose. 

BTW, Which grade oil you are using?

15W-40 by Mobil I am using. 

I was thinking the same. Asking for an overhaul then it must be neh? 

A guy once told me, engine oil may mixed with fuel. This can be happened? 

also I have noticed fuel consumption is low from recently. it does around 8-10 kmpl in colombo. 

One more thing, Once I start the car in the morning it wont go even i accelerate. Have to keep the car for around 5 minutes to warm up in parking gear. But in low gears and revers gear this never happens.  

Agree with others that it might be engine wear. Get a compression test done first. That will tell you if the engine is worn out (under compression). Depending on the result, you will have to do an full or partial engine overhaul.