• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota aqua automatic turning on half switch

Saami1

Question

I recently bought a toyota aqua and I went to get my cruise control checked 

They said the wiring has been removed so I asked them to remove the cruise stick too .

In doing so, the new mechanic messed up something with the wires and now my car automatically turns on (not on ready but fan etc on)  also the AC doesn't turn on automatically when switched on instead I have to turn it on manually and the timer in the meter gets reset along with average speed and consumption digits .

2 answers to this question

First and foremost....if the wiring for the Cruise Control had been removed..the proper fix was NOT to remove the stalk as well. Systems like the cruise control are systems that intervene with the acceleration and braking with the car. Yanking these systems off is not a wise idea as none of us know how the car's remaining systems would react (rest assured no one in SL would do a proper de-installation of such a system...). In most countries doing this would be a straight way for the car to fail  its roadworthy tests.

So take it to Toyota Lanka...get it properly fixed...which may include (and personally I think should be) refitting the cruise control system properly (hard to imagine the agent..who in SL is actually the manufacturer themselves and not a franchisee) would remove it. Also, be prepared to find more gremlins..because there is also the reason as to WHY the previous owner removed the cruise control wiring....