• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
BimmerBenzerBently

Honda CIVIC 2018 Manual

Do you own one? I dont think we have any manual CivicX in Sri Lanka. 

I was plotting to import one from UK. But the agent said the cost is more or less same, so I settled with an AT at the end. 

You will have issues selling the car, no body wants a manual these days due to crawling traffic.

Most of the drivers cannot drive manuals

Problem with the Civic is CVT, DCT would have been as good as a manual but has its own issues.

I've seen one manual complete with the orange package. But I would never want a daily drive  manual in colombo especially on traffic days like today. 

The 7 speed cvt box isn't bad. A lot more responsive than the current boxes of the Nissan and Toyotas. And it should prove more robust that the DCT's in our conditions. 

12 hours ago, RWD said:

The 7 speed cvt box isn't bad. A lot more responsive than the current boxes of the Nissan and Toyotas. And it should prove more robust that the DCT's in our conditions. 

Agreed, modern CVTs have come up long way. I newer understood this fake speeds all it does is increase the revs and give a little more grunt. Does not give the feeling of the shift like in a normal box kick down or a DCT.

In the new Toyotas' they are suppose to increase the engine braking going downhill.

I feel they just add two plastic pieces behind the steering so you can increase the list of features does not add any value.