• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What is a good car to upgrade from Axio?

kflyer

I'm planning to sell my 2007 Axio - which I've now had for about 5 years - and wish to move up to an incremental upgrade. The Axio is a car I really like - very reliable and even economical. Apart from day to day running repairs of parts that get worn out, it has never given me any maintenance burden - and the only reason why I wish to part with it is because I use it as my daily driver and I fear it may be difficult to sell once I clock a high mileage. 

What is a good (used) upgrade that I can go to - for about 0.5 million extra?

Compared to upgrading from a 121 to an Axio, I find that a move up from Axio requires quite a large investment. I would have liked to move up to an Allion 260, but it seems only 2007/8 builds are available around the target price range? These vehicles would likely be coming up for major maintenance events unless the mileage is genuine?

Would appreciate your views. Preference is to stick to Toyota.

3 hours ago, kflyer said:

I

Would appreciate your views. Preference is to stick to Toyota.

I assume your Axio will fetch you around 3.5 M it's difficult to get an unmolested Allion. A good choice is an Axio 161 (Non-Hybrid ICE) 2012-13 : Will cost about 4.2. Most of them were bought brand new and most of them are agent maintained with genuine mileage  Another non-toyota option would be a 2011 FD4 - much more fun and comfier than the axio. 

But all in all if i were you I'd stick with the current car given that you're quite ok with it. 

3 hours ago, kflyer said:

I fear it may be difficult to sell once I clock a high mileage. 

It's not difficult to sell cars if you price it right and be honest : people are not stupid anymore and would actually prefer to buy a 2007 axio with 150,000km from a personal seller than a 2007 axio with 69,000 km from a car sale. Make sure your maintenance records etc are in tact. I've noticed that unless the buyer is a sleazy buy-and-sell b##tard a genuine buyer will appreciate it. 

Well..pretty much what Matroska said....

If the car is priced right and well taken care of it will sell. In fact an honest car properly taken care of will always sell and there is always someone who will buy it. People are starting to wise up to the fact that 10+ year old cars in SL cannot have just 60K kms on the clock and the mileage is not something to run away from The issue is most of the cars that are around are unreasonably priced just because of a badge and false worship that surround these models and do not reflect a fair and just value for the condition of the vehicle.

Now..if you can afford only a .5  million increment on the price...why not just keep using the current car until you save enough money for a decent upgrade ? In the mean time, with that .5 you currently have you can do the required preemptive maintenance and even maybe explore the possibility of some modest performance/visual updates for the car (wheels, intake/exhaust, modest suspension additions, AV upgrade, etc...) ?

Obviously if you can find a gasoline Axio 160 series or a Civic..that would be cool as well....