• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

VW Golf or Peugeot 307 (YOM 2007/8)

Banuka

Question

I'm considering VW Golf or Peugeot 307. YOM would be 2007 or 8. would like some help to understand if there are any specific things to look when buying one and again if there are any factory faults in these models? I know the 307 autos had a gearbox issue. but I'm looking for a manual option. any help would be appreciated.

BMW 320i (YOM 2005/6) is also an option. any thoughts on that as well compared to the VW and Pug??

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Banuka said:

I'm considering VW Golf or Peugeot 307. YOM would be 2007 or 8. would like some help to understand if there are any specific things to look when buying one and again if there are any factory faults in these models? I know the 307 autos had a gearbox issue. but I'm looking for a manual option. any help would be appreciated.

BMW 320i (YOM 2005/6) is also an option. any thoughts on that as well compared to the VW and Pug??

Good luck finding a decent one, most of them are hacked to death. VW will be like finding a hens teeth

Hope you have time and patient to maintain them

19 hours ago, Banuka said:

I'm out of SL. in EU golf and pug are like Wagon Rs in SL. you can find them everywhere. that's why I was looking to get some idea about what to look in those two models before buying.

Go for the Golf it will be more reliable