• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

which battery i should use

manju3d

Question

41 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Nice ? here's hoping we'd be able to get atleast 5 years out of them ?

Did you install it yourself

I let the battery shop guys do their job. FYI my previous Yuasa battery (Japan made) has lasted almost 6 years without any trouble. So yeah let’s expect at least 5 years of use.

• Like 1

Had to replace my battery since it had starting difficulties. Remembered this thread when saw the battery is a 55D23L lol. 

Had an exide ultra MFS65L (65ah) battery (local) in it. Took the car to the exide service center at thimbirigasyaya. They said the current battery is too big and the correct one to put is their 75D23L Exide - 60ah (Indian) battery. Only then I noticed that the battery was actually leaning on the car chassis - fortunately no damages. Also, he said that the local one doesn't withstand temperature as much as the Indian ones, hence it is more suitable for mitsus and mazda's. Don't know about the accuracy of the stuff told. 

Anyway, the recommended one was 3,000/= more. Googled a bit and thought about it. Finally went with the Indian one. Hoping for a long and good battery use 😄

P.s. didn't want to go for the amaron one based on crosswinds experience and the efficient batmobile service. 

guys, in the night I noticed that there was a green light slightly coming from inside the volume button in the car setup though the car wasnt started. I checked closely and this light in coming from the inside of the setup.. a slight light, its like the setup was on (but nothing displayed, but a slight light was coming from the display too).. and after 5 days today when i started the car it indicated the battery and the car didnt start, so that means the battery is gone.. I'm sure the battery must have died because of this because its a new battery not even 1 year used. But How can the setup function without even putting the car keys inside for a light to display? what should i do for this?

12 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

guys, in the night I noticed that there was a green light slightly coming from inside the volume button in the car setup though the car wasnt started. I checked closely and this light in coming from the inside of the setup.. a slight light, its like the setup was on (but nothing displayed, but a slight light was coming from the display too).. and after 5 days today when i started the car it indicated the battery and the car didnt start, so that means the battery is gone.. I'm sure the battery must have died because of this because its a new battery not even 1 year used. But How can the setup function without even putting the car keys inside for a light to display? what should i do for this?

I had the same issue in my car, but I didn't see any light coming in the setup. Only 2 days I could park the car, battery was draining out. I took the car to TL and they found that set up was the culprit as it was drawing a small current. Since it was after market fixture they refused to repair it and instead did some changes so that I could on the set up only after car engine starts. So, I had to tune up radio every morning and ran like about one week and fixed a new setup. Problem solved. 

46 minutes ago, whmsujith said:

I had the same issue in my car, but I didn't see any light coming in the setup. Only 2 days I could park the car, battery was draining out. I took the car to TL and they found that set up was the culprit as it was drawing a small current. Since it was after market fixture they refused to repair it and instead did some changes so that I could on the set up only after car engine starts. So, I had to tune up radio every morning and ran like about one week and fixed a new setup. Problem solved. 

If I remove the display unit from the unit (its a single din audio player) then will it not consume the battery? (since you can separately remove just the display unit without removing the whole thing. I dont want to use the unit as I dont drive more than 5km's for a month. 

50 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

If I remove the display unit from the unit (its a single din audio player) then will it not consume the battery? (since you can separately remove just the display unit without removing the whole thing. I dont want to use the unit as I dont drive more than 5km's for a month. 

I am not sure dude, just do it and see or when things gets back to normal show it to a good auto electrician and see.

Do you have a multimeter? Do a parasitic draw test to see what is drawing current. You can re do the parasitic draw test after removing the display unit to see if removing it fixes the battery drain. A temporary fix is to pull the fuse. Stereo system will reset if you do this. So you'll have to pair the phone again every time you put the fuse back and want to drive.

If you use the car sparingly, keep the negative terminal removed from the battery or install a battery kill switch that goes on the battery terminal. A trickle charger would be a good investment to keep the battery charged if you drive less than 5km/month.

12 hours ago, varotone said:

Do you have a multimeter? Do a parasitic draw test to see what is drawing current. You can re do the parasitic draw test after removing the display unit to see if removing it fixes the battery drain. A temporary fix is to pull the fuse. Stereo system will reset if you do this. So you'll have to pair the phone again every time you put the fuse back and want to drive.

If you use the car sparingly, keep the negative terminal removed from the battery or install a battery kill switch that goes on the battery terminal. A trickle charger would be a good investment to keep the battery charged if you drive less than 5km/month.

phone why phone? I've never paired the phone. I'm old school. I use casettes and CD's :D I couldnt be bothered to do all that, so I removed the display unit itself. Problem solved then right? 

Edited by PreseaLover

Cassettes! Jeez! From where do you buy them? Don't they deteriorate over time rather quickly?

Anyways, you'll have to set the EQ, volume and will loose the last played if you use CDs. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

If the stereo works after removing the display, then go for it. Also, is there an after market security system? That also will draw a current. 

2 hours ago, varotone said:

Cassettes! Jeez! From where do you buy them? Don't they deteriorate over time rather quickly?

Anyways, you'll have to set the EQ, volume and will loose the last played if you use CDs. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

If the stereo works after removing the display, then go for it. Also, is there an after market security system? That also will draw a current. 

I have casettes with me i dont have to buy them.. these are over 40 years old now. what i mean by removing the display is remove the display and not use the setup at all because after removing the display the stereo wont work. So if the stereo wont work, there will be no battery consumption right? No security system also.. I removed the security system, dvd reverse cam all of that and threw away, as i dont like those new stuff in old cars. I want to keep the car stock and old. 

9 minutes ago, varotone said:

RNe9Vz2.jpg

Keeping it period appropriate 👍. Battery drain could be due to the stereo or something else. Check the parasitic draw to confirm.

ok thanks. I think its due to stereo because i saw a light from the setup in the night even when the key is not put in.