• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

manju3d

which battery i should use

Question

Hi guys ,

i have Honda GP 5 .. i have to put replace the car battery not High bride battery.. Pls tell me which is the best product i have to buy and where to buy??

Thanks

14 answers to this question

Hi guys ,
i have Honda GP 5 .. i have to put replace the car battery not High bride battery.. Pls tell me which is the best product i have to buy and where to buy??
Thanks
From a reputed dealer plz dont get cheap products

Sent from my SM-M205F using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I have been using E***e as long as i remember, absolutely no issues so far and it is cheap

• Like 1

I recommend Amaron batteries. Panasonic is also good.

8 hours ago, alpha17 said:

I recommend Amaron batteries. Panasonic is also good.

Stay away from Amaron. 

My car needs DIN 55 type low profile battery. Only Amaron batteries fit in my car, so I am totally stuck with them. Here's  what happened.

I did my first battery replacement in 2013. One cell of that battery died in 2015.

I did my second battery replacement in 2015. That battery exploded in 3 months. Yes it exploded.

This time I got a warranty replacement. That one also died.

The next one died in 2018. 

Now I'm on my fifth battery. Just waiting for its funeral.

Yes, all of them are Amaron.

I got my car's electrics checked by the agent because batteries keep dying. The agent confirmed that it's all fine. Then I raised this with the battery shop and they agree to fully refund me if I can get any other battery to fit in to the car. The only other option I have is to remove the battery enclosure and fit any battery, but I'm not willing to do that. So, I decided to live with Amaron.

And their whole 5-year warranty story is a farce. Warranty is only 2 years. Thereafter you get a discount if you buy a replacement even if your battery died prematurely.

On the other hand, I always used Exide with my other cars in the past. I had a dead battery just once and got a replacement. Their batmobile service is the icing on the cake.

• Like 1

Among the other batteries I have used Global(Korea) and Panasonic (Thailand) are really good. Recently I got Yuasa (Japan) since the particular size I was looking not available in those brands. Little bit pricey though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 12:35 PM, manju3d said:

Hi guys ,

Thanks

Since it has idle stop function, you can use LUCAS battery as well. One of my friend replaced his grace with the same and costed him around 11-12k

Edited by PerfMad

Posted (edited)

AFAIK the GP5 does not need any special type of 12v battery since the high-voltage hybrid battery will constantly keep the 12v battery charged simulating the what an alternator would do on a regular vehicle when the vehicle is in Power On mode even if the engine stops (GP5 does not have a belt driven alternator). I replaced the original 12v battery on my GP5 about 2 years ago with a Lu**s and didn't have any issues until I sold it a month back.

However, my new vehicle  is a regular gasoline with Engine Auto Stop/Start, and the battery that came with it is an Italian made E**de specifically designed for this feature as labeled on the battery. A little bit of Googling says regular 12v batteries are not suitable for non-hybrid cars with Eng Auto Stop feature because of the increased engine start cycles and the battery will fail in a matter of months. The recommendation is to use AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) or EFB  (Enhanced Flooded Battery) type batteries for these vehicles, however, I have yet to see any of the local agents bringing these types of batteries. If anyone here is aware of importers of these batteries, pls do enlighten us!

Edited by leyland
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, leyland said:

AFAIK the GP5 does not need any special type of 12v battery since the high-voltage hybrid battery will constantly keep the 12v battery charged simulating the what an alternator would do on a regular vehicle when the vehicle is in Power On mode even if the engine stops (GP5 does not have a belt driven alternator). I replaced the original 12v battery on my GP5 about 2 years ago with a Lu**s and didn't have any issues until I sold it a month back.

However, my new vehicle  is a regular gasoline with Engine Auto Stop/Start, and the battery that came with it is an Italian made E**de specifically designed for this feature as labeled on the battery. A little bit of Googling says regular 12v batteries are not suitable for non-hybrid cars with Eng Auto Stop feature because of the increased engine start cycles and the battery will fail in a matter of months. The recommendation is to use AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) or EFB  (Enhanced Flooded Battery) type batteries for these vehicles, however, I have yet to see any of the local agents bringing these types of batteries. If anyone here is aware of importers of these batteries, pls do enlighten us!

I think Exide dealer has it but its not cheap.. the cheapest we found was the LUCAS battery (which supports idle/stop function) costed around 12k

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PerfMad said:

I think Exide dealer has it but its not cheap.. the cheapest we found was the LUCAS battery (which supports idle/stop function) costed around 12k

Thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Stay away from Amaron. 

My car needs DIN 55 type low profile battery. Only Amaron batteries fit in my car, so I am totally stuck with them. Here's  what happened.

I did my first battery replacement in 2013. One cell of that battery died in 2015.

I did my second battery replacement in 2015. That battery exploded in 3 months. Yes it exploded.

I got my car's electrics checked by the agent because batteries keep dying. The agent confirmed that it's all fine. Then I raised this with the battery shop and they agree to fully refund me if I can get any other battery to fit in to the car. The only other option I have is to remove the battery enclosure and fit any battery, but I'm not willing to do that. So, I decided to live with Amaron.

And their whole 5-year warranty story is a farce. Warranty is only 2 years. Thereafter you get a discount if you buy a replacement even if your battery died prematurely.

On the other hand, I always used Exide with my other cars in the past. I had a dead battery just once and got a replacement. Their batmobile service is the icing on the cake.

wow that must be a headache! had the Amaron DIN55 on the previous Peugeot for 3+ years when selling. No issues though. 

21 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Stay away from Amaron. 

Just two questions.

1.What is the charging voltage when measured at 2000 RPM with all electrical loads switched on and off?

2. Do you use the vehicles mostly (say 90% of the time) during daytime an on long runs ( say 50km)?

For the batteries to fail in the manner described there must be some contribution from your charging system.

On 7/7/2019 at 6:51 PM, kush said:

I have been using E***e as long as i remember, absolutely no issues so far and it is cheap

u mean exide..?

On 7/8/2019 at 9:22 AM, wolseley said:

Among the other batteries I have used Global(Korea) and Panasonic (Thailand) are really good. Recently I got Yuasa (Japan) since the particular size I was looking not available in those brands. Little bit pricey though.

where i can buy global and other product

thanks

I think they are available at most of the battery shops.

I got  at Douglas Panchikawatte and I usually buy from them.