• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Delay of shipping

fitgp1hmly

Question

8 answers to this question

On 7/4/2019 at 9:53 AM, fitgp1hmly said:

Hi all,

Did anyone buy a vehicle which was loaded to the ship 'Gracious ace' and experienced a delay of more than 2 weeks??

That is a long time considering the total voyage time from Japan to Sri Lanka is 16 days on average :) What is the trans-shipment point ? If it gets trans-shipped (if there is one) at a port like SG or HK then it arrives prety much on time, but if the trans-shipment point is somewhere like Thailand or Indonesia then things get delayed liek crazy as scheduling the forwarding ship at these ports is not very good.

Who did you buy the car from ? Sometimes the delay occurs at the car seller's point and no fault of the shipper at all (but the car seller blames the shipper) and happens quite regularly with South Asian and African owned car agencies in Japan. If the car they bought is not in their own region or in a region with a shipping port...they just hold on to the car until they can consolidate a decent stock of vehicles to get their own large career (which makes it a bit cheaper for them)..so it takes time...

On 7/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, fitgp1hmly said:

Hi all,

Did anyone buy a vehicle which was loaded to the ship 'Gracious ace' and experienced a delay of more than 2 weeks??

Following live tracking app says that it is in Durban right now :). I agree with iRage, often dealers are lying. In my case also, when I received vehicle documents,   I got to know that the vehicle was shipped in another ship than what i was told. Don't rely much on the vehicle dealers, 

http://alltrack.org/9604914-636015657-vessel-gracious-ace-tracking

Edited by vitz

4 hours ago, vitz said:

Following live tracking app says that it is in Durban right now :). I agree with iRage, often dealers are lying. In my case also, when I received vehicle documents,   I got to know that the vehicle was shipped in another ship than what i was told. Don't rely much on the vehicle dealers, 

http://alltrack.org/9604914-636015657-vessel-gracious-ace-tracking

Seems like the dealer didn't get the car on the voyage they originally planned to....so the vessel has already travelled through SL ? 

17 hours ago, iRage said:

Seems like the dealer didn't get the car on the voyage they originally planned to....so the vessel has already travelled through SL ? 

Even I doubt whether It has travelled through SL!!

image.png.5fc9bc6d35465c54e03f74e2f942d9b4.png

Edited by vitz

Well, due to some weather issues they have transhipped at singapore. Probably Gracious ace did that to all vehicles that were supposed to be delivered to SL, and bypassed SL altogether. The second ship (Neptune Leader) is expected to arrive on 13th. However, day before yesterday(10th) I got the vehicle. It was sent on some other ship! (Morning Catherine) ?. Funny stuff. But I got the vehicle. Chill!

On 7/4/2019 at 3:53 AM, fitgp1hmly said:

Hi all,

Hmm, no, I haven’t come across this. From my experience, I remember that I ordered the transportation of a car from one city to another. It all started with the fact that I was at an auction in San Francisco and bought a Lamborghini Aventador and decided to move the car safely to Philadelphia. I had heard about the company http://www.a1autotransport.com and therefore decided to use its services. I was very worried about the car, because it was very expensive, but the real professionals worked during transportation, who, despite the bad weather, were able to quickly get the car to my destination. By the way, their price is not so high and all the services cost me up to $ 1,000 .