• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What do you think?? Buying a unregistered Honda Fit shuttle GP7 2018 or KDH 201 2018

Amila1979

20 hours ago, iRage said:

the Japanese manufacturers moved away from diesels for PASSENGER vehicles because the regulations for the passenger vehicles were quite stringent (as opposed to the business vehicle regulations). The Euro diesel engines they were putting in other global models still did not meet Japanese regulations.

EU and JP/US are both stringent, but focused on reducing different areas of emissions. The former on CO2-reduction(global warming) and the latter on NOx-reduction(respiratory disorders).

Diesels emit less CO2 because they are more efficient than gasoline counterparts to produce same HP/ Torque , but require complex NOx treatment which adds to the retail price. The rough calculation on pure economical sense is to go for a diesel if annually doing more than 20000kms.

Edited by vag2

11 hours ago, hrm said:

My father had a Largo back then in early 90s. It's a basic one without even power steering. A neighbor had a Townace(CR27) which was  in high demand and always felt jealous about it :P

Largo was a higher-spec'd Vanette was it? yeah of course the townace was the more sought after model. I have briefly driven both (around 7-8 years ago)  and prefer the townace hands down. 

5 hours ago, vag2 said:

EU and JP/US are both stringent, but focused on reducing different areas of emissions. The former on CO2-reduction(global warming) and the latter on NOx-reduction(respiratory disorders).

Diesels emit less CO2 because they are more efficient than gasoline counterparts to produce same HP/ Torque , but require complex NOx treatment which adds to the retail price. The rough calculation on pure economical sense is to go for a diesel if annually doing more than 20000kms.

Yes....which goes back to what I said....most of the EU diesels did not comply with what the Japanese required so the diesel Japanese cars in other regions could not be sold in Japan and that applied to even EUro cars. Going back to the original statement, the reason why PASSENGER vehicles in Japan were not diesel and Businesses vehicles were, was because they have two different standards (which are now starting to be somewhat the same). SO the Japanese dropped Diesels in Japan in lieu of Hybrids...also  in an attempt to get a head start on non fossil fuel based vehicles.

57 minutes ago, matroska said:

Largo was a higher-spec'd Vanette was it? yeah of course the townace was the more sought after model. I have briefly driven both (around 7-8 years ago)  and prefer the townace hands down. 

Largo was the wide body variant of the Vanette platform. Whether it was higher spec'd or not depended on the actual grade itself. The Largo subsequently became the Serena...

Thank you both, last few months, i was searching in many websites which is seling vehicle and found that reselling price of hybrid was dramaticaly decreased  after few years of use. Hence  i was worried about buying a hybrid than conventional  vehicle. If the reselling value reducese mor than 10 laks in 6/7 years of time that would be great loss. If the reselling value reduced  around 5laks, it would  be ok with me. 
Actualy i try to find to find devaluation chart of hybrid vehicles in SL to solve this matter. But as u know sri lankans didnt have such things. In that case it is really difficult  to calculate how much i will lose during 6/7/10 years of time. 
Thanks again. 
If anybody can tell the approximate  eeselling value of honda fit GP7 after 6/7 years that would be highly appreciated.  
Good day all
Go for the kdh u wont need to face the issues of the honda and u will be one happy man at the end of the day

Sent from my SM-M205F using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk