• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Crv

Chanu D

Greetings to all Honda lovers, 

I wish to by a Honda CRV 2007 or 2008 model. 

Yet, I found that there are 3 engine types namely 2000cc,2200cc and 2450cc(2500cc).

Which is better in terms of comfort,maintainance and fuel effeciency. 

And do I need to look for anything specific (factory faults or failures) 

Pls guide 

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, Chanu D said:

Greetings to all Honda lovers, 

I wish to by a Honda CRV 2007 or 2008 model. 

Yet, I found that there are 3 engine types namely 2000cc,2200cc and 2450cc(2500cc).

Which is better in terms of comfort,maintainance and fuel effeciency. 

And do I need to look for anything specific (factory faults or failures) 

Pls guide 

Thanks in advance

and you know this because you obviously read it off of wikipedia.

The more common types in SL are the Japanese variant 2.4L variant (its not 2.5!!) and the 2.0L variant brought down by the agents. I have hardly seen any diesel 2.2L variants in SL (it was offered mainly in Europe). For most markets the 2.0L variant was offered only in 2WD form and in SL most of the 2.0L are in 2WD form.

Pretty decent car..well built and definitely one of the more refined interiors compared to the RAV4 and X-Trail. In fact its a bit too refined that it feels more like a large station wagon rather than a want-to-be SUV crossover.

For the most part its well built..you might want to check the EPS unit for issues which some variants came with (some models came with the standard Hydraulic PS). Secondly if you are getting an AWD variant, first check that the rear diff is actually there and connected ! Then check for any whining coming from the rear diff (to do this you will have to do something to make the front wheels loose traction and the AWD system to kick in (hard kicking the accelerator on a gravel patch or something). The older Hondas require Honda specific diff oil (Hyperbolic something something ). The compatible non Honda oils were as expensive or more expensive than the Honda oil itself so most people used diff oils were close enough because it was cheap (resulting in the diff giving out).  

Apart from that..just look for the usual oil leaks, suspension issues etc...because it is an old car and those things wear out...then you have the usual stuff of looking for one with a proper service history (most would have been taken care by the agent), gettig it inspected, etc...