• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Upgrading my current car to new one

Nuwa1022

Question

I'm trying to update my existing indian alto 800 car to new one. I need some suggestions to go with, I'm kind of searching around 30laks.

Currently I have 4 cars on mind, 

Alto turbo RS

Perodua axia 

Toyota wigo 

Nissan dayz hiwaystar

Can i get any suggestions based on your user experiences and knowledge. Which one should i go for..? 

2 answers to this question

Alto RS : loads of fun to drive and the funnest car on your list. Very bare and baron inside (in terms of dash design etc...)...

Dayz : Again...well built and feels nicer than the Maruti. A bit of a bore to drive with the lethargic NA engine and the sterring is..well its nice and sharp but has not much feeling and has a bit of body roll.

Both of the above cars have decent safety equipment as standard and the Days can have much more safety features and other accessories in some grades. Being kei cars the rear seats are bench-like but the Dayz seats do have a nice form and hold you well. The Alto Turbo RS rear seats..well...it is more benchy than the others. Being  kei cars the engines are quite small with limited output but the Turbo RS feels nippier with a bit more power and torque than the Dayz. If possible try to get a turbo variant of the Dayz. Kei cars are quite peppy low down the rev range and then just simply start suffocating towards the higher revs...so you will be pushing the engine to the max on hilly rides or highway rides. The Turbo makes it a bit better.

I would be somewhat reluctant to buy used kei cars from Japan, especially those that are not from large cities because these things get rev'd the life out of them when they use it on the Highway. 

Axia/Wigo : Both are the same car by different manufacturers (I haven't ridden and driven the Axia but considering its the same platform it can't bee too far off from the Wigo).

Same type of budget conscious car as the Maruti, albeit it will feel nicer and better assembled. Some what  plasticy inside and the car is quite nippy at turns and the ride is pretty decent for its category.  The lowest grade of the Wigo is very bare. Interior space wise it feels the same as the Dayz. However, the Dayz feels more refine. 

Power wise the Wigo has about 65hp so a bit more than the Dayz but the Turbo RS has pretty much the same amount of power (but a bit more torque). Safety features wise the Days is better and the

As suggested by Kush you also might want to look in to Kia and Hyundai options (Picanto/Morning/i10). I believe they are a good balance between what the kei cars and the Wigo can offer (again depending on the grade). Unlike the Dayz and the Turbo RS the Axia, Wigo and the Korean cars have official manufacturer support if you ever do need it, so take that in to account as well (I believe the Koran models'agents are a bit more customer focused and economically sensible than the other two).