Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
aruntantan

RPM meter not returning to zero - Allion 240

Question

I have a Toyota Allion 240 and, today I noticed that, the RPM meter not returning to zero.

When stopped it was showing around 500rpm. and after starting Idle is showing 1200-1300.

Anyone know how to fix the issue?.

Note : recently I have changed the ATF, not sure there is  a connection.

Thanks.

IMG_20190619_103630.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

You'd have to get your gauge cluster out to see what is wrong with it. There is a very fragile spring behind the needle that forces it to 0. My guess is that the spring has either lost it's tension, or stuck.

Did you try giving it some high revs (5000 - 6000)? If the spring is stuck, that might loosen it up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, aruntantan said:

I have a Toyota Allion 240 and, today I noticed that, the RPM meter not returning to zero.

When stopped it was showing around 500rpm. and after starting Idle is showing 1200-1300.

Anyone know how to fix the issue?.

Note : recently I have changed the ATF, not sure there is  a connection.

Thanks.

IMG_20190619_103630.jpg

shutdown the car...:). It will come to zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 minutes ago, tilvin said:

shutdown the car...:). It will come to zero.

Car is in shutdown, when I took the picture  :(

1 hour ago, Davy said:

You'd have to get your gauge cluster out to see what is wrong with it. There is a very fragile spring behind the needle that forces it to 0. My guess is that the spring has either lost it's tension, or stuck.

Did you try giving it some high revs (5000 - 6000)? If the spring is stuck, that might loosen it up.

Thanks davy, Will try to give some high revs, to see if it works correctly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

try tapping 3/4 times on the display/ screen it might have got stuck. once my kelisa's speedometer was stucked at 20kmph where it won't go below 20 kmph mark even when stopped. I lived with it but one day a friend of mine who is a pilot was driving my car and when he saw it doesn't go below 20kmph mark he tapped on it which made it release immediately. Apparently, it is a common thing with old airplanes which have lots of analog dials too and what they do is tap on it like crazy. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
33 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

try tapping 3/4 times on the display/ screen it might have got stuck. once my kelisa's speedometer was stucked at 20kmph where it won't go below 20 kmph mark even when stopped. I lived with it but one day a friend of mine who is a pilot was driving my car and when he saw it doesn't go below 20kmph mark he tapped on it which made it release immediately. Apparently, it is a common thing with old airplanes which have lots of analog dials too and what they do is tap on it like crazy. 

Is there a way to find whether the cockpit room panels are digital or analog, before reserve air tickets ? :D

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Seems the reading are way out of sync. Sometimes idle it shows 0 :(,

Sometimes it works correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Your Rpm Meter motor has an issue,  Most probably need to replace the motor.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 6/29/2019 at 10:31 AM, dilanthak said:

Your Rpm Meter motor has an issue,  Most probably need to replace the motor.

You know where I can fix this?. And the rough cost for the repair? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×