• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car within 2.2Mn - 3.2mn

KJ2019

Hi guys 

this is my first post on the forum and need your valuable feedback. 

i sold my Lancer CS2 GDI today and that drained every single penny i had. (i sold it at a loss of 5lakhs) 

so now im looking for a reliable car within 2.2-3.2 mil. i have narrowed down to few and im very open for suggestions.. 

1. Premio 240 2000/02 model
  2. Lancer CS2/ CS3 EFI 2007/08 model 
  3. Honda fit GP1 2011 /12 
  4. Honda Civic FD4 

my biggest concerns are,

1. reliability - being able to run without any major repairs.
  2. driving pleasure  
  3. comfort and exterior looks - still a fan of the lancers ;)
  4. fuel consumption - im ok with even 8-9 in city..

help me out here guys! thanks in advance 

Edited by KJ2019

20 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Why don't you go for a CS3? GP1 has an inherent oil burning issue

hi Hyaenidae

thanks for the info.. 

have u used a CS3? i read a few threads which said  the fuel consumption isnt too great. 

27 minutes ago, aruntantan said:

Already lost 5 laks, high time to buy a Toyota. ;)

Mulma wahane 10+ years parana Toyota Corolla 121 ekak. Ganiddi kisi awlak thibbe na. Aragena masa dekak withara yanakota oil adu wenawa. Kokatath kiyala wahane service ekath kara. 1500km withara duwaddi oil kuren bagayai oil thiyenne. Hadanna demmama engine overhaul ekak karanna ona kiwwa, ekata 1 lak withara kudu.

Elangata onna suspension awul danenna patan gaththa. Suspension aluthen danna 50k withara giya.

Ohoma masa keepayak duwaddi onna heating awul. Radiator eka galawala baladdi kawadawath radiator eka sudda kerila na..Aluthen radiator ekak dala lede hadanna 40k wage yanna athi.

Dan onna thawa masa keepayak yanakota start wennathi ledak awa. Baladdi alternator eka sawuththu wela. Makabas karaya kiwwa aluthen danna ona na mage laga second hand ekak thiyenawa kiyala uge laga thibba ekak 9500 kata enge gahuwa. Eka dapu dawase indan driving belt eka paninawa. Ohoma gihilla.barima thena aluthen alternator ekak aran demma 25k. 

Den ithin ohoma thawa masa 6k withara diwwama gear slip wenawa wage danuna. Automatic gear oil change karala balamu kiwwa. Onna eka karala masayak withars duwaddi gear maru wenne na hariyata. Galawala balala kiwwa gearbox ekath hadanna ona kiyala. Ekata 80k withara giya.

Den ohoma duwaddi engine eke eka cylinder ekaka miss ekak enna patan gaththa. Eka hadanna spark plugs, ignition coil wala idala petrol pump ekata wenakan parts aluthen replace kara. 30k withara ethanath kudu.

Oya tika karala dawasakath duwaddi check engine light eka paththu wenawa. Hoyala balinnam oxygen sensor ekatath kela wela. Eka danna 12500.

Dan ubala hithanne wede iwarai kiyala neda. Na bola, ohoma tika dawasak duwaddi A/C weda karanne na. Dan ithin wahana hadalama athe sallith na, 40,000 lease ekakuth gewana gaman thamai me gema adinne. A/C gas top up karagena diwwa masa 4k withara. Hema masema Rs2000 ka withara gas gahuwa. Ohoma gihin A/C ekatath kela welama giya. A/C compressor eka dala service eka karanna thawa 20k withara kudu.

Dannam yantham iwarai kiyala hitha hadagena dawasak U-Turn ekak gahaddi kata kata gala saddayak awa. Baladdi CV joint walatath badu hari. Wahane godakma sure hinda CV joint witharak danne nathuwa axel ekath ekkama depaththema replace kara. E tikath ekka thawa sensor wagayak replace kara MAP sensor, TR switch wage ewa. E repair ekatath 40k wage yanna athi.

Thawa masa keepayak yaddi onna Tyre 4th lellatama gewila. Tyre 4 danna 60k withara yanawane eka karala tikak duwaddi battery ekatath badu banis. Battery eka danna 18k.

Kohoma hari 40,000+ km duwala, okkoma leda tikath hadala, lease ekath iwara karala thamai wahane dunne. Eken gaththa experience eka kiyala nima karanna ba.

PS: ahh thawa timing belt eka dala anith alternator, power steering belts maru kara. Ekata 20k wage yanna athi

Original Post http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24224073&postcount=79

Moral of the story : Failure to do your homework before buying a car could spell disaster regardless of the brand. Had he inquired about buying a GDI 4G15 he would've learned that it was a bad idea.

Edited by Hyaenidae

2 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Original Post http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24224073&postcount=79

Moral of the story : Failure to do your homework before buying a car could spell disaster regardless of the Brand. Had he inquired about buying a GDI 4G15 he would've learned that it was a bad idea.

Yeah, should have checked before buying, But GDI worst mistake.

Again look at the total cost for those repairs, still within 5 laks losing  range? after so many issues?.

30 minutes ago, aruntantan said:

Yeah, should have checked before buying, But GDI worst mistake.

Again look at the total cost for those repairs, still within 5 laks losing  range? after so many issues?.

i did a bit of research and the car was in good condition when i bought. in fact 2 of the most trusted technicians recommended to go for  that after checking. 

plus when i drove the GDI it felt really powerful and smooth. anyhow whats gone is gone. in deed a good lesson.  

1 hour ago, aruntantan said:

Already lost 5 laks, high time to buy a Toyota. ;)

toyotas are defs reliable but most of those cars have done close to 200k and are probably nearing major engine repairs. thats why im quite reluctant to go for a  121  

8 hours ago, KJ2019 said:

toyotas are defs reliable but most of those cars have done close to 200k and are probably nearing major engine repairs. thats why im quite reluctant to go for a  121  

Toyota that will fall in to your vintage will be hacked to death, mostly rent a car/ taxi/ family runabout.

If you are looking at a Toyota i would recommend a Corolla 141 which newer fell in to the above group. 

12 hours ago, KJ2019 said:

Yeah when finding a Toyota you need a bit of a luck as well. Got a 2004/2007 Allion 240, 2 years back. 100k on the clock. Absolutely nothing to complain about. Love the ride and the comfort ❤️

• Like 1

guys i found a cs3 2011 car for 2.9mil

this is a version called LX!? 

description was as below

MITSUBISHI LANCER CS3 2011 Full Option Tiptronic Alloys, Rear Sensor Alloys Fog Lamp, dual Air Bag

what do u guys think about the price? and what is the LX version? 

and is there any issue with the triptonic gearbox?

45 minutes ago, KJ2019 said:

guys i found a cs3 2011 car for 2.9mil

this is a version called LX!? 

description was as below

MITSUBISHI LANCER CS3 2011 Full Option Tiptronic Alloys, Rear Sensor Alloys Fog Lamp, dual Air Bag

what do u guys think about the price? and what is the LX version? 

and is there any issue with the triptonic gearbox?

If the LX badging is factory it might be a Euro import or an AU import

If you can get the VIN you can use a VIN decoder to find out where the car has been manufactured

Other possibilities: Aftermarket badge / Rear dicky door replaced with one with a spoiler (recon part shops offer to trade-in the dicky door with no spoiler + cash for a dicky door with spoiler) / rear dicky door replaced due to car being rear-ended / entire rear half replacement due to a severe crash

Edited by Hyaenidae

If you buy a used car with odo over 100,000km, your luck depends on how the previous owners had taken care of. I had 121 for 7 years and I never had any trouble and no replacement or repair cost me over Rs.45,000. Only had to do the running repairs like tune ups, oil changes and suspesion components replacements. A relation of mine owned the same model which had done 300,000km and he also had no major or costly repairs. So make sure you are buying a trustworthy car in good condition. I would choose a 150,000km done car with service records over a 50,000km done car without records.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, alpha17 said:

If you buy a used car with odo over 100,000km, your luck depends on how the previous owners had taken care of. I had 121 for 7 years and I never had any trouble and no replacement or repair cost me over Rs.45,000. Only had to do the running repairs like tune ups, oil changes and suspesion components replacements. A relation of mine owned the same model which had done 300,000km and he also had no major or costly repairs. So make sure you are buying a trustworthy car in good condition. I would choose a 150,000km done car with service records over a 50,000km done car without records.

Agree with the age finding a car with less than 100K km will be a miracle and if it is so most probably clocked from 300K. Some were clocked even before they were registered here. Best is do a through check including engine, electronics, suspension.

When it comes for vehicles over 10 years old condition matters rather than what is in the meter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...