Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recommended Posts

On 6/16/2019 at 7:43 AM, matroska said:

Sounds a bit like me...

You guys make me feel like I'm abusing the car by carrying 5 or more people on a frequent basis

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, matroska said:

a little off topic but many many years ago - late 90's a pre-teen version of me went with my dad to a garage and there was a sedan - if i remember correctly an ae80 or a b11 that had suspension modified to carry moonshine on pot holed roads (as per the mechanic) .... so maybe your car has that modification done too 😛 

@matroska So the car is much more comfortable? Or is there a hidden story?😉

 

14 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

Be as that may, remind me to not get on your bad side 😬

I’m a huge fan of Walter White😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

You guys make me feel like I'm abusing the car by carrying 5 or more people on a frequent basis

 

You have no idea how I have changed my plans on journeys to carry less than 5 people. Even try to balance the weight by asking passengers to switch their seats.

Yes, in my book, I call it abuse😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rent a van.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, alpha17 said:

You have no idea how I have changed my plans on journeys to carry less than 5 people. Even try to balance the weight by asking passengers to switch their seats.

Yes, in my book, I call it abuse😅

 

How many times have you bottomed out your 121 (And the Allion)?

I've bottomed out mine only once during my 4 years of ownership. Even then there were no other people in the car, I just tried to go down a very steep gradient which wasn't meant for a car to go anyway... scratched one of the 2 metal bars running under the car, no other damages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Hyaenidae said:

How many times have you bottomed out your 121 (And the Allion)?

I've bottomed out mine only once during my 4 years of ownership. Even then there were no other people in the car, I just tried to go down a very steep gradient which wasn't meant for a car to go anyway... scratched one of the 2 metal bars running under the car, no other damages

Plenty for the 121 and 2-3 for the Allion😅 But the reason is that the area I live is filled with those undercarriage scraping places😁 

Edited by alpha17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in Europe there are trailers which can carry passengers. Are they legal in Sri Lanka?

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_su_personenanhaenger.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajm said:

in Europe there are trailers which can carry passengers. Are they legal in Sri Lanka?

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_su_personenanhaenger.jpg

I think it’s legal but driving around with one would be very difficult. Imagine driving in Colombo traffic with a trailer :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

should be same as driving a bus or prime mover eh? Not so bad for going outstation. Parking and reversing would be the biggest challenge if you are not used to driving with a trailer. Also some barriers to stop bikers from creeping into the space between car and trailer needed to avoid catastrophic accidents. And, need a PROPER diesel engine for towing, no girlish petrols or hybrids😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×