• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can 6 people ride in an allion or premio

hustlehard

14 minutes ago, ajm said:

yes, 1 in the boot.

I don't think you can put a live person in the boot. You may have to kill him/ her first which is illegal

Edited by kush
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hustlehard said:

HELLO!
I want to know your opinions on riding with 6 in an allion or a premio. Is it viable? comfortable? legal in sri lanka?
Mostly for long trips to katharagama.

It is technically illegal to have more than the number of passengers registered in the "book" (which is what the manufacture has indicated) travelling in the vehicle...so yes it is illegal...but SL being SL...the authorities do not care a ##@!@ unless the vehicle meets with a deadly accident and it makes a good news headline.

Technically, it is NOT safe to do so....the vehicle does not have enough seat belts nor are the other supplemental safety systems designed to safely transport more passengers than what the has been designed for (so everything from people not wearing seat belts to how the body crumples in an impact can actually hurt the occupants..don't forget..crumple zones are designed with a X number of buckled in passengers in mind). But SL being SL....people do not care about safety...

Comfort wise...no it is not comfortable....even with small built people. The seats are designed in such a way that each spot will comfortable seat one person...when bums start crossing across these seating regions/areas..it becomes very uncomfortable as there are height difference on the seat surface etc....not to mention limited shoulder space. 

The above applies even with small kids ! Kids MUST be bucked in safely and comfortably. If you do not buckle your kids properly you are a bad parent and should be canned in public. If your kids are small buy a child seat. If child seats are expensive....well..you hsould have thought about that before spending that extra 2 or 3 million on a car you bought for "patta resale/market" factor and ""thel supiriyata karanawa" factor and all the impressing of the neighbors and colleagues factor.

If you have to transport more than 5 people in a vehicle..then you will need a 7 seater SUV or a minivan. If buying a minivan or SUV is out of your financial means (which is surprising considering how much Allions/Premios cost); think about buying a slightly smaller sedan and save some money. With that money, when you need to travel to Kataragama with 6 people...rent a minivan for the trip. If you have to transport 6 people on a daily basis...then...you still need a SUV/Minivan....think about going for a slightly older vehicle that fits your Allion/Premio budget and is designed to carry 5 to 6 people.

Sorry...you touched a very touchy-feely subject....

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hustlehard said:

HELLO!
I want to know your opinions on riding with 6 in an allion or a premio. Is it viable? comfortable? legal in sri lanka?
Mostly for long trips to katharagama.

1.No

2.No

3.No.  

If you regularly travel with a family/group of 6 people maybe invest in a 7 Seater SUV. 

Call me a stickler but I usually don't allow more than 4 people in whatever car I've owned. 5 or more and you risk the possibility of the car bottoming out over our glorious roads.

I definitely would never do it on long trips and  but the typical Allion and Premio owner in SL doesn't care about stuff like that so each to his own.

Edited by RWD
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, RWD said:

Call me a stickler but I usually don't allow more than 4 people in whatever car I've owned. 5 or more and you risk the possibility of the car bottoming out over our glorious roads.

I definitely would never do it on long trips and  but the typical Allion and Premio owner in SL doesn't care about stuff like that so each to his own.

Yeah in my PRESEA i wont allow more than 4 in the back. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Yeah in my PRESEA i wont allow more than 4 in the back. 

Ya well I meant 4 passengers in total including the driver! My car, my rules. So no more than 2 people in the back seat.

I once told a friend to find his way back from Hikka because I was already carrying 3 passengers. So he took the bus home!

Safety and suspension first!

2 hours ago, whmsujith said:

Don't do that. This is one incident as IRage mentioned, a Premio with 9 on board..

http://www.ft.lk/news/6-killed--3-injured-in-accident-in-Wennappuwa/56-671270

Soon I see the topic, this is the incident firstly came to my mind. So please don't take the risk and don't put others lives in danger.

Find an alternative according to above replies.

2 hours ago, RWD said:

This is a "JDM" problem.

I had the exact same issue back when I owned a Belta while a colleague who owned a Yaris claimed he never had this issue.

On 6/13/2019 at 10:57 PM, Hyaenidae said:

This is a "JDM" problem.

I had the exact same issue back when I owned a Belta while a colleague who owned a Yaris claimed he never had this issue.

Usually the JDM vehicles would have softer spring rates and lower perches along with, in some cases, shocks that have different strokes and captive regions than their export model counter parts. The latter models, especially for places like Sri Lanka, SEA, etc...; are designed with the assumption of them being for hard road usage (emerging/developing markets).

On 6/13/2019 at 4:50 PM, RWD said:

Sounds a bit like me... What is your car?

On 6/13/2019 at 4:50 PM, RWD said:

I totally agree with you. Even with 4 grown ups in the car most JDMs are more likely to scrape underneath. 

15 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Oh man! I can’t believe what I’m seeing!!!

You can carry 5 people + 2 enemies(killed and loaded in the boot) in the Allion or Premio

a little off topic but many many years ago - late 90's a pre-teen version of me went with my dad to a garage and there was a sedan - if i remember correctly an ae80 or a b11 that had suspension modified to carry moonshine on pot holed roads (as per the mechanic) .... so maybe your car has that modification done too ?