• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Brake pedal is softer than before

ChamaraHarry

Question

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ChamaraHarry said:

Hello,

Recently, I feel my brake pedal is softer than before and I need to squeeze it to the floor to apply brakes fully. It was not like before. Any idea what would be causing this?

I have 2017 Suzuki Hustler. 14000KM done.

Hi, first of all stop driving the vehicle and take it your local garage right away. You are putting yourself and the other people's lives at risk. There could be number of reasons for this.

1. Air bubbles are trapped inside the system.

2. Loss of brake fluid.

3. Brake master cylinder has gone bad.

4. Bad brake booster.

5, A Leak somewhere in the brake system.

6, Brake wear and adjustment.

I would first suggest bleeding the brake system to see if the problem goes away.

• Like 1

Thnx @K.o.N.o.S for the prompt reply. Went to hybrid hub for the checkup. They took the car for a spin and said brakes are working fine without any issues.

Plus they mentioned Wagon R, Hustler, Spacia has low brake pedals and it's normal and nothing to worry about. I'll be relieved if someone can agree to that. :)

Anyway, Glad that I got it checked.

3 minutes ago, ChamaraHarry said:

Thnx @K.o.N.o.S for the prompt reply. Went to hybrid hub for the checkup. They took the car for a spin and said brakes are working fine without any issues.

Plus they mentioned Wagon R, Hustler, Spacia has low brake pedals and it's normal and nothing to worry about. I'll be relieved if someone can agree to that. :)

Anyway, Glad that I got it checked.

Refer to your users manual and find the values for brake pedal free play and pedal-to-floor clearance when fully depressed. I don't think hybrid hub folk have that kind of information, just the gut feeling

Here's how to measure it: (pedal reserve distance = pedal-to-floor clearance)

hEtCGrE.gif

Your users manual will list the values like this (differs from car to car so refer to your own users manual, this is how mine lists the specs)

jM6yJMK.jpg

• Like 1