• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 5008 vs Honda Crv Ex

L.K

What is the best between peugeot 5008 and Honda crv ex both are 2019 models. Comfortable, fuel economy, second hand market in SL, maintain coast are The main points im looking 

Edited by L.K

I have driven the CRV for a very short distance, including a hill climb on bad road with potholes. The 1.5 Turbo engine hesitated at the start of the hill climb, eventhough it has plenty of power. I was really amazed because the 1.0 Vitz climbed the same hill with 3 grown people on board without an issue. But the interior is nice with soft padding on most of the places you touch. Infotainment system is a bit of a headache to use, but has android auto and apple car play which is a huge benefit. But I think comfort and interior quality wise, Peugeot would be better.

5008 1.2L has only 130 bhp so it will not be any faster than CRV

Have a look at both cars interior of the 5008 does not feel premium although the TFT displays look nice.

3rd row of the Pug offers more space i think if it is a concern, and also 3 individual seats in the 2nd row of the Pug offers more utility and variations.

Pugs are known to be not so reliable and CRV has good reputation for reliability although things may be different with these vehicles as they are fairly new models 2017 up.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:10 AM, kush said:

5008 1.2L has only 130 bhp so it will not be any faster than CRV

Have a look at both cars interior of the 5008 does not feel premium although the TFT displays look nice.

3rd row of the Pug offers more space i think if it is a concern, and also 3 individual seats in the 2nd row of the Pug offers more utility and variations.

Pugs are known to be not so reliable and CRV has good reputation for reliability although things may be different with these vehicles as they are fairly new models 2017 up.

I think last generation of pugs had reliability issues and now seems like new generation vehicles like 3008 and 5008 are scoring good scores in reliability in Europe. Yes still secondhand market is questionable in Sri Lanka but still there are so many 3008/5008 on the road.

Sri Lankans will buy anything which is cheap and looks SUV.

It started with Vezal, X-Trail, MG ZS, CH-R, 3008/5008 and now CRV recently.

Previously it was bucket full of Koreans and Thai built Japs

Reliability scores in Europe means nothing in SL VW, Audi is a good example. Majority do not maintain their cars as they should be.

On 6/10/2019 at 7:57 AM, L.K said:

What is the best between peugeot 5008 and Honda crv ex both are 2019 models. Comfortable, fuel economy, second hand market in SL, maintain coast are The main points im looking 

Don't have any experience with the Pug.  The CRV scores on second hand market. Fuel economy on the CRV is around 5-6 KMPL in the city so I would not call it economical.