• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
tilvin

Dual AC - Toyota L Engine

Dears, my friend planning to buy a van which don't have AC at all. This is an old van with Toyota L engine. He likes to fit front + dual AC units to this and do AC. Is this possible? With load how engine will perform? Do we need to change the radiator and radiator fans to reduce the extra heat produced by the AC. What is the compressor suited for this? If you have any idea, approximately how much will it cost? Please assist.

Is it a 50 series Hiace? L engines were never meant to be powerful( except the 2L-T), they were designed for reliability so it wont be fast with or without dual AC, especially if its an auto. I dont think the radiator needs to be changed but the compressor will have to changed, you will need to fix the compressor found on the dual AC variant of the specific van. For a 200 series Hiace dual A/C conversion costs around 250k. I once rented a 200 series Hiace to which dual A/C was fixed in SL, it wasnt up to the standard of an original dual A/C but it was adequate.

Apart from the a/c components,. better add a newer dash as well as these older vans didn't have any a/c vents,..

On 6/10/2019 at 3:44 PM, tilvin said:

Thanks for the reply. To make dual ac conversion 250k...emoji848.pngemoji848.png

Sent from my SM-J610F using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If I remember right that was the price to do a dual A/C conversion for a 200 series Hiace, it will be cheaper for older models