• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How to Install new antenna Bluebird sylphy 2004

Lakmalv

Question

Hi All,

I have a Bluebird Sylphy 2004 Car. It has a Kenwood u-353 audio system. I don't get good reception on the tuner when I drive out of colombo. I think I need to install a new antenna. I can't see any antenna ports on my vehicle. Can you guys give me some help here? And also Do I need to remove the dashboard to remove the audio system to plug a new antenna. I can't see a way to remove the audio system.

Thank you

Lakmal

IMG_20190606_091529.jpg

IMG_20190606_091546.jpg

3 answers to this question

Try changing the cable on your existing antenna. Sometimes if it has shaved (and touching something) or broken it might be bad....is there an "antenna" "drawn" on the windscreen ? If so it might be damaged as well...since you do not have an external protruding antenna fixing one neatly can be tricky....even if you get a pasting type fin antenna (or a conventional rod type) you will have to drill the body at some place to pass the cable in or you will just have to pass it in through a door crack or something.

To remove the stereo you will have to take off the surrounding bezel. Os of the time they are clip ons. Be careful when you pull it out because if you break the snapping clips it will never fit properly and will be vibrating. Once you remove the bezel you will see screws...you will have fogure out which screws to remove as it is different from car to car (in some cars you can just remove the stereo in some rare occasions you might actually have to remove another panel to remove the stereo). There are plastic prying tools designed to remove these bezels....try those or you can use a butter knife of something. Try not to use a screwdriver to pull it out as the screwdrivers are thick it will leave marks...(one of those micro screwdrivers would also be okay I suppose)

• Thanks 1