• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A daily runner between 3.5-4.5 Mil with low maintenance

Red85

Question

Hi guys, please suggest the best used sedan to buy between 3.5 and 4.5 Mil. It'll be a daily runner within Colombo.

I've used couple of European vehicles. While they're fantastic in many ways, when it comes to even running repairs, I had difficulty finding the matching parts and had to resort to ebay/Ali and wait 2-3 weeks for them to be delivered. Also I had enough time to run around Delkanda/Wijerama/Panchi to find parts. But its not the case anymore.

Parts availability - Prefer a model with widely available spare parts.

Fuel consumption - if it does more than 7kmpl good enough.

Resale value - Not expecting to keep a profit when selling, but shouldn't be a headache to sell.

Not particularly interested in buying a hatchback. But if no good sedan available in this range, can you please post your thoughts on Fit GP5? Its the only hatch I liked in this range. I saw even 2015 model is available within my price range. Does it have any known issues like what GP1 or Vezel has?

I've been looking at a couple of Premio, Allion and Lancer Ex's. All these are atleast 10 years old (within my budget) and must have done 100-150k km. Do you think its still worth going for one of these (maintenance wise)? Or is there any othet better choices?

Appreciate your support.

Sent from my SM-G920F using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

9 answers to this question

GP5 shares the same DCT of the Vezel.

Thanx@Jason Bourne. I did some research too and Fit, Shuttle, Grace, Vezel all four are said to be having dual clutch issues. I used to have a Ford which had a dual clutch but didn't have such faults, so I guess it's only Honda's? Either way GP5 is out in that case.

{Obligatory "Lancer owner so I may be biased" disclaimer}

About the Lancer EX, there's no problem with parts availability, the agent has workshops islandwide and is able to provide spare parts on demand - recon parts are also available. I always manage to run 350+kms just as the the fuel level hits half point. It is also resilient since it's customized at the factory for harsh local conditions (conventional auto transmission instead of CVT, high-ground clearance suspension, underbody covers etc) so if the routine maintenance has been done in a timely manner I don't think having run 150k kms is much of an issue (besides, they were imported brand new and maintained by the agent atleast in the warranty period so I think a Lancer has a better chance of faring better in the long run than a similarly aged Premio)

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

{Obligatory "Lancer owner so I may be biased" disclaimer}
About the Lancer EX, there's no problem with parts availability, the agent has workshops islandwide and is able to provide spare parts on demand - recon parts are also available. I always manage to run 350+kms just as the the fuel level hits half point. It is also resilient since it's customized at the factory for harsh local conditions (conventional auto transmission instead of CVT, high-ground clearance suspension, underbody covers etc) so if the routine maintenance has been done in a timely manner I don't think having run 150k kms is much of an issue (besides, they were imported brand new and maintained by the agent atleast in the warranty period so I think a Lancer has a better chance of faring better in the long run than a similarly aged Premio)
Thank you@Hyaenidae for the input. That's helpful. That also may be why there aren't a lot of EX's out there to sell. I will keep an eye.

Civic and Corolla 141 might also fit your requirements. You may be able to get a low mileage than a Allion/ Premio 
Thanks@kush. How about maintenance for a Civic? I didn't have a time to read through about Civics (haven't used one before), I will during the weekend. There are few models FD1, FD3, FD4, FB* as such. Which model do you think would have the lowest maintenance at this point? (considering they've run for about 10 years now)

2009 and above Mazda 3/Axela

Lancer EX

Civic FD1 or FD4

Those cars would give better drive than a Toyota but will be a bit harder to sell. GP5 is a nice car to drive despite its busy  ride(specially if you are going from a sedan), but the DCT replacement will cost around 200k to fix.