• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion 240 ATF change frequency

aruntantan

59 minutes ago, tilvin said:

Until this mileage, what you have been doing without changing ATF?

Got the car around 100,000 on clock. Did normal services every 5000km and when I questioned about the ATF, service guy said color was ok. And yes its light reddish. But I feel there is a slight difference in shifting. 

2 minutes ago, aruntantan said:

Got the car around 100,000 on clock. Did normal services every 5000km and when I questioned about the ATF, service guy said color was ok. And yes its light reddish. But I feel there is a slight difference in shifting. 

ATF is supposed to be changed every 40,000km so if the previous owner did an ATF change before the sale your car is due for an ATF change. If the previous owner didn't do it then it's overdue.

5 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

40,000km

Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

ATF is supposed to be changed every 40,000km so if the previous owner did an ATF change before the sale your car is due for an ATF change. If the previous owner didn't do it then it's overdue.

I think its a overdue. Its not CVT AFAIK,  do you have any idea of the cost? 

2 minutes ago, aruntantan said:

Thanks, for your input ?

Will be changing ASAP

If the duh sound is heard only when you shift from P to D, try shifting to N and applying the hand-brake before shifting to P when parking.

Even if that solves the problem you should change your ATF.

2 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

If the duh sound is heard only when you shift from P to D, try shifting to N and applying the hand-brake before shifting to P when parking.

Even if that solves the problem you should change your ATF.

No I can hear slight duh sound when shifting 1to 2 and 2 to 3, it was buttery when I bought the  car. 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, aruntantan said:

Will be changing ASAP

Ok. After changing don't sell it to innocent people by advertising as doctor owned, lady owned, home used, used as second car, etc like some dirty people do....If problem persists, fix it properly....

46 minutes ago, tilvin said:

Ok. After changing don't sell it to innocent people by advertising as doctor owned, lady owned, home used, used as second car, etc like some dirty people do....If problem persists, fix it properly....

R u serious? I used only genuine parts until now, ? and no plan on selling sooner. 

• 2 weeks later...