• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Does anybody know a good place to restore a BMW E30?

ticky

Sorry I cant help you with any recommendations. But please update this thread if you get time. With car details, pics, plans etc..  :)

If you are going to restore from ground up, your expectations are too high for any garage. (At least that's my experience) how good a place depends on the mechanic, tinkerer, painter, and your scrutiny. Unless they are beemer fanboys, they won't fuss about every tiny bit of the car. Any worker would do his bit of work well. But making sure everything is put together nicely and neatly is your job.

I would suggest you to do it at your home. Those who work at your place have lower charges. If you don't have the time to get involved, choose a garage. Find someone who is a classic/beemer lover. You could expect honest work.

It's nerve wracking to get some of the workers do what you want. Like removing wires without cutting, prying trims without damaging, aligning stuff when fixing..... etc. I'm learning this the hard way:angry-smiley-030: May be it's only me and my OCD making things difficult.

Edited by varotone
Correction
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Try out Ultimate Motor Works. They recently absorbed another smaller company (Bavarian Auto Services), which had a fair bit of experience with older BMWs. A couple of old AL members are directors of the new company too, can confirm that they know what they are doing.