• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a used BMW X1 E84 diesel

Nuker_nu

Hello everyone,

I am in need of an SUV in 5 mil to 5.5 mil range and the BMW X1 diesel seems to fit the bill. But my concerns are on how reliable will it be as of 2019. Most ones are 2011-2013 range and have almost or in excess of 100k kms. Ive done my research and find out some issues

1.N47 engine timing chain issues

2.Steering box 

3.ZF auto transmission and its lifetime oil change claims(This im not so sure about and many say it needs changing oil)

4. Problems with the A/C?

Most of my research was bases on the internet so are there more issues native to SL ?

It would also be appreciated if owners could mention about servicing costs, repair places other than the agent and general costs

Thanks in advance ?

Edited by Nuker_nu

12 hours ago, Nuker_nu said:

Hello everyone,

I am in need of an SUV in 5 mil to 5.5 mil range and the BMW X1 diesel seems to fit the bill. But my concerns are on how reliable will it be as of 2019. Most ones are 2011-2013 range and have almost or in excess of 100k kms. Ive done my research and find out some issues

1.N47 engine timing chain issues

2.Steering box 

3.ZF auto transmission and its lifetime oil change claims(This im not so sure about and many say it needs changing oil)

4. Problems with the A/C?

Most of my research was bases on the internet so are there more issues native to SL ?

It would also be appreciated if owners could mention about servicing costs, repair places other than the agent and general costs

Thanks in advance ?

Brakes, they have a history of excessive wear on the brakes, the rotors etc costly stuff, 

plenty less cumbersome vehicles in your budget range, also if you look hard enough and be patient you can find something in the less than 60,000 or to 80,000 km range or you ll have some miles left to regain sufficient finances to do the timely repairs on them

• Thanks 1