• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is it good time to overhaul? Toyota townace 2C

CMG

Question

I am using townace cr 27 with 2c enging without turbo. I noticed around 750ml of oil reduction per 1000km when oil level got topup. But oil level was reached certain  level between maximum and lower level it is hard to obtain reduction only very small reduction is there. And tiny white smoke can be noticed on the tube which is used to check oil level. But no white smoke in silencer. When it strats in morning it will crank several times to start. But when it heats 3 times it starts normaly. I dont know that problem is due to fault engine or glow plugs.

So i request a advice, do i need to overhaul the engine and is it good time. Or can i keep runing further?

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, CMG said:

I am using townace cr 27 with 2c enging without turbo. I noticed around 750ml of oil reduction per 1000km when oil level got topup. But oil level was reached certain  level between maximum and lower level it is hard to obtain reduction only very small reduction is there. And tiny white smoke can be noticed on the tube which is used to check oil level. But no white smoke in silencer. When it strats in morning it will crank several times to start. But when it heats 3 times it starts normaly. I dont know that problem is due to fault engine or glow plugs.

So i request a advice, do i need to overhaul the engine and is it good time. Or can i keep runing further?

What is the mileage 

I don't think u need a complete overhaul 

Just change the ring set

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tiv said:

What is the mileage 

I don't think u need a complete overhaul 

Just change the ring set

Thank you for your advice. I dont know the exact millage coz i bought it recently. Meter shows 250k but it may have clocked.

Sorry to say, 

Overhaul is not a part of general maintenance,.. but your van is not new.

Replace the air filter , as the mileage is just an optimistic indicator, better not base your decision on that alone.

check under the engine for possible oil leaks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CMG said:

Thank you for your advice. I dont know the exact millage coz i bought it recently. Meter shows 250k but it may have clocked.

The overhaul kit is not that costly for a 2C, take the head off inspect the wear, most probably the bore will have a bit of scoring and a bit of a lip, rings are sure to be worn, check the bearings

change the above, run in a bit with a fine oil and you ll be good for another 100,000km and you ll have piece of mind

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Sorry to say, 

Overhaul is not a part of general maintenance,.. but your van is not new.

Replace the air filter , as the mileage is just an optimistic indicator, better not base your decision on that alone.

check under the engine for possible oil leaks.

Thank you for your advice ?.