• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

car setup

akboselk

Question

my Vitz ( 2019 , safety edition 3 navi ready) already has original reverse camera. now i need to fix a setup but it should support for auto adjusting guidelines.

Is there suitable setup  for support "Reverse camera auto adjusting guidelines" ?

3 answers to this question

10 hours ago, akboselk said:

my Vitz ( 2019 , safety edition 3 navi ready) already has original reverse camera. now i need to fix a setup but it should support for auto adjusting guidelines.

Is there suitable setup  for support "Reverse camera auto adjusting guidelines" ?

There are kenwood models, if you already have a setup and the wiring then it can be done. 

If you just have the camera with no setup installed very less likely the car has steering input for the camera, in that case if you really want the guide lines, you can install a camera that already has the lines which automatically move at angles to work like moving guidelines

do not expect the guidelines in ANY system to be accurate as even a 10 degree slope or incline throws them off by about a foot, check the mirrors

a 2019 Vitz bumper cost around 80k and the tailgate included around 400k

Edited by tiv

The auto adjusting guidelines are not supported in aftermarket audio players. There are some places around Colombo such as Pe**o lan*a who has japanese units removed from newer cars.NSCD-W66 (made by Denso) Get this unit if you really want guidelines,auto parking, fuel economy charts,bluetooth,SD card,AUX input and automatic sound levelling(it automatically increase volume and bass level according to the speed).I installed one to my Allion and it totally rocks. It has some functions even those expensive Kenwood/Pioneer Units doesn’t have. If options like gps, dvd and sound modifications to the extreme then get a Kenwood unit. You’ll have to pay around rs.2000 to install the erc code to unlock the unit. You can use google translate to get to know the functions till you get used to it. I got it for rs.8500.

On 5/25/2019 at 12:19 PM, tiv said:

There are kenwood models, if you already have a setup and the wiring then it can be done. 

If you just have the camera with no setup installed very less likely the car has steering input for the camera, in that case if you really want the guide lines, you can install a camera that already has the lines which automatically move at angles to work like moving guidelines

do not expect the guidelines in ANY system to be accurate as even a 10 degree slope or incline throws them off by about a foot, check the mirrors

a 2019 Vitz bumper cost around 80k and the tailgate included around 400k

Cameras aren’t meant to replace the mirrors, cameras are there to give a better view or to bring blind spots into view. 

For example once I was about to back up and there was a kid behind the van. The kid was only visible through the reverse camera