• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

K.o.N.o.S

What is your ultimate dream car?

Thought of starting something for fun. Would like to know the ultimate dream vehicle of auto lanka members. I know some of you have already bought your respective dream vehicle. So this choice can be your already owned car, A realistic choice or an unrealistic choice. It does not really matter though. I will start with mine.

My ultimate dream car- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X- Final edition

4B077BF3-968B-40DD-9AD9-50AFE4A1CD86.jpeg

2 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Thought of starting something for fun. Would like to know the ultimate dream vehicle of auto lanka members. I know some of you have already bought your respective dream vehicle. So this choice can be your already owned car, A realistic choice or an unrealistic choice. It does not really matter though. I will start with mine.

My ultimate dream car- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X- Final edition

4B077BF3-968B-40DD-9AD9-50AFE4A1CD86.jpeg

This was my ultimate dream car too - but I want my dream car to be a daily runner, Evo X with  its 98 octane fuel requirement doesn't seem like a "feasible" daily runner (at least in Sri Lanka) so I'm hoping to buy an EX and swap a 4B11 non-turbo engine + Manual transmission, as a "fun" car :)

• Like 2

Just too many to list :D  i`ve tried, but the 'one-car-that-does-all' is a very difficult one to get right. Tend to find some issue/drawback with every car I owned/drove/looked at/researched  :D.  Just a quick list based on what comes to mind :)

• Track - any Supercharged Lotus Elise
  • Daily drive (weekdays) - Tesla Model S
  • Weekender - anything with an Chevy LS3 V8, has to be an LS3
  • Long distance cruiser - Lexus LS 500h
  • Offroad/camping - Landcruiser 200 series with a Diesel V8
  • Classic - Any water cooled, non-turbo Porsche 911
  • Just for show with no real purpose - Range Rover Autobiography

• Like 1

porsche-911-carrera-992-2019.jpg

Porsche 911 😍😍😍👌

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrCat said:

Just too many to list :D  i`ve tried, but the 'one-car-that-does-all' is a very difficult one to get right. Tend to find some issue/drawback with every car I owned/drove/looked at/researched  :D.  Just a quick list based on what comes to mind :)

• Track - any Supercharged Lotus Elise
  • Daily drive (weekdays) - Tesla Model S
  • Weekender - anything with an Chevy LS3 V8, has to be an LS3
  • Long distance cruiser - Lexus LS 500h
  • Offroad/camping - Landcruiser 200 series with a Diesel V8
  • Classic - Any water cooled, non-turbo Porsche 911
  • Just for show with no real purpose - Range Rover Autobiography

The list is impressive!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

The list is impressive!!

Pretty much a hypothetical ('if-i-win-the-loto' kind of) list mate. The Lotus Elise is probably the only car I wont mind actually owning. One thing you tend to learn as life goes by is that the dream cars are actually not that spectacular when DO get to own/drive/live with :) Nothing wrong with aiming for one though, if you don't try you'll never know..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

Wonder how someone like Jay Leno who has such an extensive collection would answer the same question?🤔😅

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMELFlXQL38KPm8kM-4Adg

Prolly in the same way Gordon Ramsay would answer if someone asks him what his dream food is

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1

Aston Martin DB9 because it’s one of the most beautiful cars ever made with impeccable build quality and supercar level performance😇

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tilvin said:

My dream car is below,

Now what exactly is that?  :D 

20 hours ago, tilvin said:

My dream car is below,

RollsRoyce.jpg.88673d6a2aad8889fe4128b0dcaeaab2.jpg

This looks like a going-away ride.😋

2 hours ago, MrCat said:

Now what exactly is that?  :D 

Specially made Vintage Rolls Royce....😃. I like this so much....😃

13 hours ago, tilvin said:

Specially made Vintage Rolls Royce....😃. I like this so much....😃

ha ha.. imagine the wind in ya face as you roll down the road.!  :D 

• Haha 1

Kind of difficult to pinpoint one BUT I just have this inexplicable  thing for the Datsun 240Z - I know I'll never own an actual one but thankfully my father gave me a 1/18  for Christmas a few years back. 

No photo description available.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I would have been the first to reply unless that eerie thought of being mocked at came into my mind :D. I know it's just in my head. I am with my very first car (Vitz) now and for some time, I have been growing an interesting crush into Euros (BMW being the first in the list of course). Won't be able to buy one soon though. Going through old threads in AL, looking at ads, following Instagram pages etc... So without more drama, let me tell you what my dream car happened to be.

P90315986-highRes.thumb.jpg.9ae3f5429076efc4651276bcd5c40005.jpg

BMW M5 F90 with M-Performance (I am not into racing and drifting but it's look and power surprises me). Definitely not in Sri Lanka but if I could get my hands on one, even for a one day then this ultimate dream will come true 😎.

Edited by amsandun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, amsandun said:

I would have been the first to reply unless that eerie thought of being mocked at came into my mind :D. I know it's just in my head. I am with my very first car (Vitz) now and for some time, I have been growing an interesting crush into Euros (BMW being the first in the list of course). Won't be able to buy one soon though. Going through old threads in AL, looking at ads, following Instagram pages etc... So without more drama, let me tell you what my dream car happened to be.

P90315986-highRes.thumb.jpg.9ae3f5429076efc4651276bcd5c40005.jpg

BMW M5 F90 with M-Performance (I am not into racing and drifting but it's look and power surprises me). Definitely not in Sri Lanka but if I could get my hands on one, even for a one day then this ultimate dream will come true 😎.

Dreams do come true bro!! Best of luck!!

• Thanks 1

On 5/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, K.o.N.o.S said:

This looks like a going-away ride.😋

Yeah bro. This is suitable for wedding occasions....😃

21 hours ago, amsandun said:

Dreams are nothing to be mocked about mate.! Dream big and one day you`ll make it. :)  Big BMW fan here, but i`m more into the older (pre 2000) beemers..

Im sure you`ve seen this, when the M5 set the world record for the longest drift  : D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtDc_ZRrkcU

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I love to own a Land Rover Defender and a Ferguson TE-20 Tractor :food-smiley-004:

Edited by Splat
correction

On 5/25/2019 at 11:33 PM, tilvin said:

My dream car is below,

RollsRoyce.jpg.88673d6a2aad8889fe4128b0dcaeaab2.jpg

That's nice  ☘️

1 hour ago, MrCat said:

Dreams are nothing to be mocked about mate.! Dream big and one day you`ll make it. :)  Big BMW fan here, but i`m more into the older (pre 2000) beemers..

Im sure you`ve seen this, when the M5 set the world record for the longest drift  : D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtDc_ZRrkcU

Let the dreams drive you and you will drive the dream one day, 😉👍 thanks brother...Yeah I have read your thread on E30 enthusiasts. Nice car you got there bro. Always looking if there's anything new on BMW thread.

No I hadn't seen that video. Wow... now I like the M5 even more. that mid-drift refueling is just amazing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ghostwriter said:

unrealistic unless I win the lottery 😅

v8 2019.jpg

I got the chance to drive one about a month ago. It was like a ship on the road with sheer pulling power.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Splat said:

That's nice  ☘️

Yeah bro. Thanks. Our AL forum colleagues seems don't understand the value of this....🤔