• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buddy On Demand!!!

noaim

Tue Jul 25, 8:53 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - He fits in a car's glove box, appears at a flick of a switch and when a woman has finished using him, she can just pull the plug and he deflates.

He's the "Buddy on Demand," a blow-up man launched on Tuesday with the aim of making solo female motorists feel less nervous about driving at night.

According to research by the inflatable friend's creator, insurer Sheilas' Wheels, 82 percent of women feel safer with someone sitting in the car beside them and nearly a half don't like driving alone in the dark.

"We're not saying that an inflatable man is the only answer but we do hope it will give women extra confidence and make journeys in the dark less fearful," said Jacky Brown, the spokeswoman for Sheilas' Wheels.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060725/od_nm/blowupman_dc

:(

i think this is also used in the US to get on the HOV lane.

funny thing was when my friends got on the HOV lane, we would all duck so it looked liek he was the only person. one time we even got pulled over. luckily the cop thought it was funny and let us go...

Funny thing was it was in the front page of the Daily News yesterday as well. Had a little graphic attached. Unless it's been introduced to SL as well, what's the use in putting it in the front page :( And I'm pretty sure this sort of thing will never make anyone in SL feel safer :action-smiley-060:

Funny thing was it was in the front page of the Daily News yesterday as well. Had a little graphic attached. Unless it's been introduced to SL as well, what's the use in putting it in the front page :( And I'm pretty sure this sort of thing will never make anyone in SL feel safer :action-smiley-060:

hey read the extention... "blowupman" lol get it ? blow-up-man

classic bro classic...