• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight 2019 vs Toyota Premio 2019

tharindub

මචන්ලා පර්මිට් එකට කාර් එකක් ගන්න කියලා බැලුවේ. හැම එකක්ම බලලා දැන් වාහන දෙකක හිරවෙලා ඉන්නේ මොකද්ද ගන්න කියල. දැනට මම හොයාගත්ත ටික මෙහෙමයි. 

Honda Insight EX 2019

මේ අවුරුද්දේ අලුතින් ආපු 3rd generation එක. පට්ටම ලුක් එකක් තියෙන්නේ. 

Pros:  

•  Honda Sensing, 
  •  Excellent fuel economy, 
  •  Stunning look, 
  •  AC vents for the back row and many more options that the Premio

Cons: 

• පාර්ට්ස් හොයාගන්න අඩුයි අලුත් නිසා?
  • පස්සේ විකුනන්න උනොත් මාර්කට් value එක නැති වෙයිද?
  • මේකේ එන්නේ හොන්ඩ වල අලුත් හයිබ්‍රිඩ් සිස්ටම් එක. ට්‍රාන්ස්මිෂන් එකක් නෑ. එන්ජින් එක වැඩ කරන්නේ ජෙනරටර් එකක් විදිහට 90% වෙලාවට. එන්ජිනේ එකට හයිවේ ස්පීඩ් වලට විතරක් කෙලින්ම කාර් එක ඩ්‍රයිව් කරන්න පුළුවන් වෙන්න තනි ගියර් ලෙවල් එකක් තියනවා. මේ වෙලාවේ ඇරෙන්න අනිත් වෙලාවල් වල එන්ජින් එක තව ඉලෙක්ට්‍රික් මෝටර් එකක් කරකවල තමයි වාහනේ ඩ්‍රයිව් කරන්නේ. දන්නා තරමින් අලුත් CRV Hybrid එකෙත් මේකම තමයි තියෙන්නේ. අලුත් නිසා මෙහෙ හරියට සර්විස් කරන්න පුළුවන් වෙයිද?, අවුල් ඒවිද? (like the dual clutch issue with vezel) කියන ඒවා ප්‍රශ්නයක්. ඒවා ඇරෙන්නේ මේ සිස්ටම් එකට මන් පට්ට කැමැති!

Toyota Premio F EX 2019

Pros:  

• ඇතුල මාරම කම්ෆර්ටබල්.
  • හයිබ්‍රිඩ් තරම්ම නැති උනත් තෙල් වැඩ හොඳට
  • ලස්සනයි
  • Resale value අවුලක්ම නෑ
  • සර්විස් ප්‍රශ්න නෑ, පාර්ට්ස් තියනවා ඕන තරම්
  • Reliable car

Cons: 

• අලුත් එකේ කියල කිසි වෙනසක් නෑ? 
  • ගෙවන ගානට දෙන options නැති තරම්. CHR එකෙත් මීට වඩා තියනවා?
  • Driving pleasure එක කෝමද?

මේ වාහන දෙකෙන් එකක්වත් මම කලින් පැදල නෑ. කලින් තිබුනේ Avanza එකක්. වාහනේ තව ගොඩ කාලෙකට විකුනන්නේ නැති වෙයි. හැම සතියකම මාතර-කොළඹ යනවා වාහනෙන්. 

මචන්ලා ගේ අදහස මොකද්ද? දෙකම එකම වගේ ගාන.

premio-2.jpg

premio-2.jpeg

insight-in.jpeg

insight.jpg

As an owner of a C-HR GT 1.2T for almost a year and driven it for 13K km, and also driven and did some research on new Premio, I would like to answer the questions you have on the Premio.

Yes, there's no much difference in a 2019 Premio from a 2008 one except for Toyota safety sense C, front and rear parking sensors and automatic engine start/stop system.

Yes, even though the Premio and C-HR has the same price tag (in some cases Premio is expensive than C-HR), the Premio is not even close to a C-HR when it comes to "options" you get. Few of them are 

#Toyota Safety Sense P with Pedestrians detection

#Automatic dual zone climate control

#Blind spot monitoring and Rear Cross traffic allert

#Front seat heaters

#Radar cruise control with low speed follow

#All LED lights with sequential turning lamps and day time running lights

#C-HR logo projector

#Auto dimming rear view mirror

#Heated side mirrors

What Premio has which C-HR is missing is electric driver's seat adjusters while  C-HR has electric lumbar support only.

Driving pleasure- No there's none , but very comfortable ride for driver and passengers. 

• Like 2

@sathyajithj99 Premio has heated side mirrors and AFAIK seat heaters, side mirror puddle lamps, auto dimming rearview mirrors can be added as accessories. But I agree the fact that CHR has more bells and whistles than Premio.

But when you compare among those 2 cars, the the Premio might be the best option if you prefer a comfortable, reliable(if maintained well) and easy selling car. On the other hand with Insight you’ll get more options, a sportier ride(might not be as comfortable as the Premio) and for surely more heads will turn as you pass by.

Remember that Insight is still a new car and so you’ll have to take a little bit of risk when you take that decision. Both Civic and the Insight were built on the same platform and some components might be same underneath, but powertrains are totally different. From what I’ve seen and heard, the interior of the new hondas start to show more signs of usage around 60,000-70,000 kms(specially the steering wheel).If you really want to go for a Honda, you can get a Civic sedan with the 1.0T engine which might be safe.

As for the Premio,( I’m currently owning a 2013 Allion) it’s a good family mover. I’m usually averaging around 14kmpl per one tank of fuel with one long distance trip. Comfort wise I think it will be better than the Insight. Also note that there are AC vents underneath the front seats for the legs of the rear passenger but most people doesn’t know about that.But remember that it is not a sporty ride with good handling and acceleration.Since it’s much heavier and when cruising down the road you’ll feel the weight, a bit like a more expensive car.

As you are moving from an Avanza, both cars will be miles ahead from that.

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2019 at 11:43 AM, alpha17 said:

@sathyajithj99 Premio has heated side mirrors and AFAIK seat heaters, side mirror puddle lamps, auto dimming rearview mirrors can be added as accessories. But I agree the fact that CHR has more bells and whistles than Premio.

Here I'm comparing the highest grades of both vehicles we get in SL which are 

C-HR GT 1.2T 

Premio F EX package 1.5L

There are higher grades of Premio in Japan with 1.8L and 2L engines. They are the real G Superior grades. Not the fake rebadged ones we find in SL.

No, we don't get side mirror heaters , seat heaters or puddle lamps in Premios in SL. Not even damn cruise control. Yes you can add accessories according to your taste but I'm talking about standard option you get in both vehicles. My point is it doesn't worth the price you pay.

Edited by sathyajithj99
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Here I'm comparing the highest grades of both vehicles we get in SL which are 

C-HR GT 1.2T 

Premio F L package 1.5L

There are higher grades of Premio in Japan with 1.8L and 2L engines. They are the real G Superior grades. Not the fake rebadged ones we find in SL.

No, we don't get side mirror heaters , seat heaters or puddle lamps in Premios in SL. Not even damn cruise control. Yes you can add accessories according to your taste but I'm talking about standard option you get in both vehicles. My point is it doesn't worth the price you pay.

The G Superior came only in the 2L variant and that too was abolished a little bit before the facelift. So for a little while the 2L only came as G grade and now it has G and G EX Package.

As for the 1.5L G Superior....there is a legitimate G Superior PACKAGE offered by the dealers. i.e. Toyota dealerships offered a dealer option package for the highest grade 1.5L variant. It basically included the cosmetic dealer options the dealers would put on the 2L G Superior grade. So there are somewhat legitimate 1.5l G Suprior packages but they go as F grade something, something. The G Superior package adds about 200,000yen (on average) to the standard 1.5L F grade. So when importing to SL with tax the package costs nearly 500,000yen more (~700,000LKR). So to make more money what the local car dealers did were they just got cheap chinese parts (or used parts from Japan) and then added them on themselves to 1.5L F grade vehicles and still sold them at a 700-1mil extra.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Also note that there are AC vents underneath the front seats for the legs of the rear passenger but most people doesn’t know about that.

Can you explain about it more. Is it specific to 2013 and newer models? I have 2008 allion. It doesn't have passenger air vents.  Only front vents for legs and face. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BlueRaiden said:

Can you explain about it more. Is it specific to 2013 and newer models? I have 2008 allion. It doesn't have passenger air vents.  Only front vents for legs and face. 

Looks like it came since 2013 as standard I think. My one doesn't have them either but owners manual show rear vents. Could be an option back then. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 7:38 PM, tharindub said:

Honda Insight EX 2019

To be perfectly honest this is a rather new car so no one really knows too much about it : having said that there was a bit of uncertainty when the new civic came out as well in 2017 - 2 years later it's a relatively popular car. All depends on your requirement and the type of person you are, what stage of life you're in etc. Last year I was out looking for a car and one of my relatives strongly recommended buying a Premio/Allion (used ~2013) I actually looked for a few just to see what the big deal was about - and it was an OK practical car but it jusn't wasn't my type of car maybe if i was 10 years older and hit my 40's with Kids and stuff I would have gone for it but I didn't .

So the best thing is for you to figure out your priorities. If you want a reliable car that will get you A-B with minimal fuss then you might consider the Premio - if you are more of an enthusiast, a bit of a car guy and the whole process of driving a car powered by the latest technology excites you then the insight. 

23 hours ago, alpha17 said:

f you really want to go for a Honda, you can get a Civic sedan with the 1.0T engine which might be safe.

Actually that will be a waste of permit - cos the 1.0 T engine has one of the lowest Taxes - the permit allows a maximum of 3.6 Mil tax free but the tax for a turbocharged 1 Litre engine is around 1.8 M so that's a loss for him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BlueRaiden said:

From what I’ve seen, the vents for rear are available in the highest grade of the 1.5L  Premio/Allion 2013 and above models for sure. Premio’s F-EX package(what they call g superior in SL) and Allion G Plus(It’s properly called atleast?) are equipped. I checked two 2010-2012 F-L package cars(which is a grade below F-EX) and they didn’t have those. But both of them were rebadged as G Superior. Maybe the real F-EX packages might have those vents.

I think your Allion is a middle tier edition(I can’t remember the names of the grades of 2007-2009 Allions). Best thing is to check whether your 3rd brake light(mounted on the rear parcel shelf) has 9 led lamps.Top tier versions had 9 leds instead of four.Also the leather stitched steering wheel is another fact for the top spec version. If yours not a one, the we can guess that the top version might have the option.Anyway it’s not much of a great deal, but does make it nicer for the rear passengers.

Edited by alpha17
  • Like 2

Allions which have 9 LEDs in their 3rd brake lamp are A18 which come with 1.8L engines. Rare to find in SL because of people's fobia of bigger engines. Also I have not come across any 1.8L premios of 260 era either.  

Axio Luxel (144) which has a 1.8L engine also has 9 LEDs in its 3rd brake lamp.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sathyajithj99 said:

Allions which have 9 LEDs in their 3rd brake lamp are A18 which come with 1.8L engines. Rare to find in SL because of people's fobia of bigger engines. Also I have not come across any 1.8L premios of 260 era either.  

Axio Luxel (144) which has a 1.8L engine also has 9 LEDs in its 3rd brake lamp.

There were 3 grades for 1.8L version of the Allion; A18,A18 G package,A18 S package.1.5L; A15, A15 G package. Easiest way to identify them is the meter cluster. G package has the optitron meter cluster(illumination dashboard what they call here?) and the base version has the ordinary meter cluster(just like the Axio 141 X grade’s meter but with tachometer and multi information display at the middle).According to the catalogue the A18 has the 9 leds. I have driven the A15 G pack but haven’t inspected the 3rd break lamp. Mine has 9 leds being a 1.5L, but from 2013.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, alpha17 said:

From what I’ve seen, the vents for rear are available in the highest grade of the 1.5L  Premio/Allion 2013 and above models for sure. Premio’s F-EX package(what they call g superior in SL) and Allion G Plus(It’s properly called atleast?) are equipped. I checked two 2010-2012 F-L package cars(which is a grade below F-EX) and they didn’t have those. But both of them were rebadged as G Superior. Maybe the real F-EX packages might have those vents.

Uhh...about this statement....you need to understand certain things. "G Superior" PACKAGE was an actual/official thing Toyota dealers offered as a DEALER PACKAGE. It was offered on the highest grade of the 1.5 or 1.8L variant. So it isn't that Sri Lankans call the F-EX package or whatever the G Superior. So when Toyota dealers sell an F-EX or what ever with the G Superior PACKAGE they would have gotten the highest grade with all the logical manufacturer options and then attached the original accessories. 

In SL, in order to save money on import (both in purchase and taxes which compound the cost), they just got the standard highest grades of the 1.5L (usually without the spec'd manufacture options) and stuck the locally purchased accessories.

8 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Easiest way to identify them is the meter cluster. G package has the optitron meter cluster(illumination dashboard what they call here?) and the base version has the ordinary meter cluster(just like the Axio 141 X grade’s meter but with tachometer and multi information display at the middle).According to the catalogue the A18 has the 9 leds. I have driven the A15 G pack but haven’t inspected the 3rd break lamp. Mine has 9 leds being a 1.5L, but from 2013.

No..this is the oxymoronic way (sorry). Through-out the time of the model, the manufacturer releases special/limited editions. When they do that they typically mix and match options/accessories. So saying that grade CDE will have a certain type of LED bulb'd lamp and speedometer and grade ABC will only have a lesser type is not accurate.  Also, these parts can be changed and our car sales people do change them because doing so increases their profit margins. the ONLY way to figure out what the actual grade for Toyotas is the frame code/type. Nothing else...that is it (unfortunately this does not work with some brands). Unfortunately, you still will not know whether the package/edition is legit or not. If the package/edition is a manufacturer (or special dealer) variant then there will be a notation at the end of the the frame code/type. Example ACA31 RAV4 X Limited package would have the code AXA31-AW....-X (<-- the last -X shows the special variant)

The Allion comes as A15, A18 and A20 grades

A15 = NZT26x-CEXEK

A18 = ZRT26x - CEXEK (with 2ZR-FE engine) ZRT26x - CEXEP (for 2ZR-FAE engine)

A20 = ZRT261 - CEXGP

Then each grade has variants/editions.

Within the 2007 - 2010 model year G and S packages were offered. Thus the above codes had a -G and uhh...I think a -S at the end of the code. In 2008 they released a trimmed down variant called the standard package for the A15 and A18 (primarily as a business/fleet model) and those had the -U at the end.

The Premio has the same frame codes as the above for each of its grades 1.5F, 1.8X, 2.0G (replace the C in the code with A). then the L packages and L packages came with -F and -L and other letters depending on what Toyota fancied on calling its grade range.

The above works for MANUFACTURER packages/editions. For normal dealer packages/editions that were available, like the G Superior DEALER package for the 1.5L or 1.8L variants would have no coded identification. 

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Everybody for your time and the valuable comments!! finally I decided on to the Honda Insight 2k19 and went ahead to buy it. Waiting for the shipment now!. The decision behind this mainly was the fuel consumption, as this would be a daily driver.

Thanks again!! Very helpful!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, rajithanw said:

Did you buy the Insight? Can you tell us how the car is? 

me too wanna know about this car - buying a honda insight 2019 , but some people do not suggest me doing that ... any updates ?

Edited by gayankap