• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dream Car

ash

Vote for your dream car  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which car will be your pick, if you were to choose from the list?

• Honda S2000
    • Honda Accord
    • Honda NSX
    • Mazda RX7
    • Mazda RX8
    • Mitsubishi EVO VIII
    • Mitsubishi EVO IX
    • Nissan Skyline GT-R
    • Nissan 350Z
    • Nissan Silvia
    • Subaru WRX
    • Toyota Supra
    • Toyota Celica
    • Toyota Mr-S

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey preveen... ur right the prices in japan depend on Spec and mileage... when i went over there to get the car the price range was as such :

(Prices are for cars under 20,000 Km)

1999 R34 (Standard) Not a V-Spec - 2.6 mill yen

1999 R34 V-Spec - 3.2 mill yen

1999 R34 V-Spec II - 4.0 mill yen (biggest difference from the above 2 is The Rear Diffuser and Carbon Fibre bonnet)

2002 R34 V-Spec II NuR - 7.0 mill yen (Race bred - Extremely Hard suspension, no airconditioning, no leather seats, no audio system, carbon fibre bonnet and diffuser )

2002 R34 M-Spec Nur - 7.2 mill yen

These prices were from august 2004... and yup the skylines imported into the U.S have to be converted and crash tested..and the prices are off the scale...

machang Andrew,

are there any MAJOR technical differences between the models u mentioned?

cos to me (i'm not exactly thorough with R34 technology as you) it would seem cheaper to buy a cheaper 1999 R34 V-spec and do the other modifications and upgrade it myself… cos the price is like more than double if you go for something like a 2002 R34 M-Spec Nur ….

Or is not practically possible to do that?

machang Andrew,

are there any MAJOR technical differences between the models u mentioned?

cos to me (i'm not exactly thorough with R34 technology as you) it would seem cheaper to buy a cheaper 1999 R34 V-spec and do the other modifications and upgrade it myself… cos the price is like more than double if you go for something like a 2002 R34 M-Spec Nur ….

Or is not practically possible to do that?

Hey man...well yes u could buy a standard GT-R and upgrade it to a V-Spec II because the engine is basically the same (RB26DETT) however, the main difference as i said above is the Carbon Fibre Hood and the rear carbon fibre diffuser...so this is very easy to upgrade...However, to upgrade the Standard 1999 GT-R to a 2002 NuR version would be very much harder... the simple reason being the 2002 versions have a N1 spec engine with major difference's such as twin ball bearing metal turbochargers, N1 cylinder block, N1 pistons, N1 piston rings, N1 Con-rod, N1 oil pump, N1 water pump and a N1 exhaust manifold...so to replace all these parts would be costly and not easy...The NuR's also have interior differences such as the 300 km/h speedo...The other thing is that only 900 NuR versions were ever made so its kinda a Limited Edition...thats probably the biggest reason why the car is more expensive than the 1999 versions...Hope what i said helps bro....

Hey man...well yes u could buy a standard GT-R and upgrade it to a V-Spec II because the engine is basically the same (RB26DETT) however, the main difference as i said above is the Carbon Fibre Hood and the rear carbon fibre diffuser...so this is very easy to upgrade...However, to upgrade the Standard 1999 GT-R to a 2002 NuR version would be very much harder... the simple reason being the 2002 versions have a N1 spec engine with major difference's such as twin ball bearing metal turbochargers, N1 cylinder block, N1 pistons, N1 piston rings, N1 Con-rod, N1 oil pump, N1 water pump and a N1 exhaust manifold...so to replace all these parts would be costly and not easy...The NuR's also have interior differences such as the 300 km/h speedo...The other thing is that only 900 NuR versions were ever made so its kinda a Limited Edition...thats probably the biggest reason why the car is more expensive than the 1999 versions...Hope what i said helps bro....

hey! thanks man!!!!

i feel so much more smarter knowing this now :jumping-smiley-013:

and ya, taking the engine apart to replace parts like piston rods and mainly the block itself can kinda end up being one messed up scene... and no matter how good a mechanic you are/find you cant get the factory buid-quality...

i've never personally seen a speedo going upto 300kmph.. must be prety nice:)

you're int he US now arent you? (form what i remember reading on the forums)

and another small thing.. whats the "N1" you keep referring to when you talk about the engine parts?

thanks again man!

:angry-smiley-048:

hey! thanks man!!!!

i feel so much more smarter knowing this now :jumping-smiley-013:

and ya, taking the engine apart to replace parts like piston rods and mainly the block itself can kinda end up being one messed up scene... and no matter how good a mechanic you are/find you cant get the factory buid-quality...

i've never personally seen a speedo going upto 300kmph.. must be prety nice:)

you're int he US now arent you? (form what i remember reading on the forums)

and another small thing.. whats the "N1" you keep referring to when you talk about the engine parts?

thanks again man!

:angry-smiley-048:

Hey man...Yup im in the U.S now will be back in SL in may...check my cardomain link if ya want....

"N1" is actually a super endurance race in japan where cars are built to the highest specifications...thus NISMO which is the racing brand of Nissan produce "N1" parts for their cars...so certain road production cars are kitted out with these parts such as on the NuR's....its their highest race spec performance parts....

Hey man...Yup im in the U.S now will be back in SL in may...check my cardomain link if ya want....

"N1" is actually a super endurance race in japan where cars are built to the highest specifications...thus NISMO which is the racing brand of Nissan produce "N1" parts for their cars...so certain road production cars are kitted out with these parts such as on the NuR's....its their highest race spec performance parts....

hey

would love 2 see your car domain? but where can i find the link? its not on your profile either...

Madmax's VZR is supposed to have a N1 engine too :jumping-smiley-013:

thanks... just went though the link.. i like the pics..

does anyone use your cars while you're gone ? at least to warm them up every now and then?

all in all 2 fine machines!!!

:jumping-smiley-013:

PS:

i was goign through car-domain and saw this link. andrew, can you tell me what this Red Skyline is... it says "R34 GTR V-spec II".. are these the strandard front and rear ends and lights on this version or is it a kit? the car itself looks a bit bigger (though probably not)

thanks... just went though the link.. i like the pics..

does anyone use your cars while you're gone ? at least to warm them up every now and then?

all in all 2 fine machines!!!

:jumping-smiley-013:

PS:

i was goign through car-domain and saw this link. andrew, can you tell me what this Red Skyline is... it says "R34 GTR V-spec II".. are these the strandard front and rear ends and lights on this version or is it a kit? the car itself looks a bit bigger (though probably not)

uhmm...machang i need the link to the page.....

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...