• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My GP1 (2011) AC was repaired by Stafford on a same day they changed the Air bags.they have done a service and replaced 8 "O"rings ( i was not there actually ,I admit to garage and collect it in afternoon) . charged me 13K. it was OK for 2 weeks and today suddenly AC stopped working in a middle of the hot day.

before that, car was at the car park with the AC running around 10-15 min. then when i start the journey, with in 2, 3 min time I realized this issue. I checked the AC fans and compressor Click sound , nothing.
I let the car to cool down for 30 min and tried. AC start working again. compressor and fans are fine now.
What could be the issue?
one AC man said it could be a fail safe mechanism has been switched on and stooped the total AC system due to some kind of issue. high pressure or temperature ..etc

may be i have parked the car and let the AC running for 15 min and there will be less air circulation with condenser ..etc.

has any on come across this kind of issue?

I have faced similar issue last week. When i started my GP1 AC works fine after 10 to 15 Minutes drive suddenly AC completely stops working. I stop the car with engine running and checked no compressor on/off click sound or fan running. Then i tried AC on off manually few times and suddenly compressor start 2 times and stops not starts again. I took car AC repair guy and he checked and says Gas and other things are OK may be problem with electric issue. Then i went to my electronic guy and he inspect car with scanner and says AC Relay may be faulty and this is common issue for GP1. He changed the Relay AC works fine. (Relay is located in near AC compressor on engine bay). This was happened 3 days ago and still no issue.

• 3 months later...
On 5/11/2019 at 9:11 PM, sira said:

My GP1 (2011) AC was repaired by Stafford on a same day they changed the Air bags.they have done a service and replaced 8 "O"rings ( i was not there actually ,I admit to garage and collect it in afternoon) . charged me 13K. it was OK for 2 weeks and today suddenly AC stopped working in a middle of the hot day.

before that, car was at the car park with the AC running around 10-15 min. then when i start the journey, with in 2, 3 min time I realized this issue. I checked the AC fans and compressor Click sound , nothing.
I let the car to cool down for 30 min and tried. AC start working again. compressor and fans are fine now.
What could be the issue?
one AC man said it could be a fail safe mechanism has been switched on and stooped the total AC system due to some kind of issue. high pressure or temperature ..etc

may be i have parked the car and let the AC running for 15 min and there will be less air circulation with condenser ..etc.

has any on come across this kind of issue?

This still exists, The gas needs to top up around 30 days time. so looking for the help

Dear Friends

I had AC issue for 1 year time. it is having a small gas leak and every 45 days I had to top up ac gas. so finally agents repaired it and replaced the O rings but still, the problem exists. so I think since it is a small leak they cannot rectify it. do you know how to rectify that kind of issue?

or it is ok to topup gas every 45 days till the has leak become worst?

sira

better to get it tested for the leak. 

i also had a problem and checked with 2 places. their proposal was to replace the evaporator which required to take out the dashboard. But the 3rd place i went to did a proper check and found out one of the AC horse is leaking.  Replaced it and re gaased. Problem solved and saved the trouble , time and money for  a useless fix.  

ask the mechanic to do a proper check under the car / engine guard etc.  There could be oil leaks which (Compressor oil) which could lead to bad hose etc. thats how my issue was diagnosed. 2nd try is the Nitrogen method.   Removing the evaporater and condenser etc should be the last resort. 

It's Not OK to top up AC gas every 45 days. That's ridiculous. 

Go to a proper AC workshop and get it pressure tested. Some places do a UV dye test and the best way to identify small leaks. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/9/2019 at 12:32 PM, JayZ said:

i also had a problem and checked with 2 places. their proposal was to replace the evaporator which required to take out the dashboard. But the 3rd place i went to did a proper check and found out one of the AC horse is leaking.  Replaced it and re gaased. Problem solved and saved the trouble , time and money for  a useless fix.  

Edited by W33R

On 9/9/2019 at 12:32 PM, JayZ said:

Can you please share that proper AC repair place details...

• 3 years later...