• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda civic es8

mazza

Please go though the autolanka forum and there are plenty answered on this topic and this specific car.

Either way, A 2004 ES8 is going to be a 14 year old car so be prepared to spend time in a garage from time to time as most of these have done well over 150K mileage. In general the ES8 has a pretty comfortable ride but be sure to check the axel boots, engine timing belt replacement and any visible oil leaks as these could easily put back 50K on repairs. ( Remember that honda repairs are a bit more trickier so it costs a bit more than repairing a more common toyota).

Check for rust specially at the boot, fenders, wheel arch, door hinges as these are a clear sign that the car has had a hard time outside. Check if the car is sitting unusually low as not many srilankans use coilovers or lowered suspensions, and this can mean that the shocks and springs are on its way out.

Finally ask for a maintenance record if available, Listen and feel the throttle of the car and check with a mechaninc before you buy.

One downside to an ES8 is the fuel economy and resale value if you are concerned. (Talking about the ES5 facelift by experience, It barely does 7-8 in the city and around 12 outstation with its 1.6L engine. And when it comes to moving on to another car dont expect to make profit as you will probably end up with some money out on depreciation and maintenance. 

As a summary, It is an excellent car as long as you give it that attention it needs when it comes to regular servicing and maintenance!

Other good options in the same price point can be a Lancer CS(2003-2007), Peugeot 406, Nissan Sunny FB15 and N16, Suzuki Swift 2004, Nissan Wingroad and Toyota Sprinter

Enjoy your new ride!

• Thanks 1

Thnx

On 5/13/2019 at 5:26 PM, HaeylM said:

Please go though the autolanka forum and there are plenty answered on this topic and this specific car.

Either way, A 2004 ES8 is going to be a 14 year old car so be prepared to spend time in a garage from time to time as most of these have done well over 150K mileage. In general the ES8 has a pretty comfortable ride but be sure to check the axel boots, engine timing belt replacement and any visible oil leaks as these could easily put back 50K on repairs. ( Remember that honda repairs are a bit more trickier so it costs a bit more than repairing a more common toyota).

Check for rust specially at the boot, fenders, wheel arch, door hinges as these are a clear sign that the car has had a hard time outside. Check if the car is sitting unusually low as not many srilankans use coilovers or lowered suspensions, and this can mean that the shocks and springs are on its way out.

Finally ask for a maintenance record if available, Listen and feel the throttle of the car and check with a mechaninc before you buy.

One downside to an ES8 is the fuel economy and resale value if you are concerned. (Talking about the ES5 facelift by experience, It barely does 7-8 in the city and around 12 outstation with its 1.6L engine. And when it comes to moving on to another car dont expect to make profit as you will probably end up with some money out on depreciation and maintenance. 

As a summary, It is an excellent car as long as you give it that attention it needs when it comes to regular servicing and maintenance!

Other good options in the same price point can be a Lancer CS(2003-2007), Peugeot 406, Nissan Sunny FB15 and N16, Suzuki Swift 2004, Nissan Wingroad and Toyota Sprinter

Enjoy your new ride!

• 2 years later...

Guys guys, quick question. Ready to spend around 3-3.4M for a reliable vehicle. I've kept clear of owning one since a while after selling what I had a few months ago which I regret alot rn. Could y'all suggest me a reliable car I could steer around since I travel alot... Had an Es8 2004 on mind and the least I could find was to a 3.5M had a run of 300K km mileage. So... bit of a problem there. A help would mean alot fellas, really in trouble searching for vehicles.