• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum as well as to the world of cars. I was searching through web sites to buy a used car, this is gonna be my first car. And i came across this lovely looking Hyundai Sonata (2002) that looks kind of luxury and the price is also 1.6m, and i searched this particular car model through out the internet and found out all the early 2000 models of Hyundai Sonata goes around that price.

Is this a good and reliable car to use?

do these cars has replacement parts ?

how is the fuel efficiency of this car?

and why is this luxury looking car is so relatively cheap? 

Hmmm...if fuel efficiency is a concern..then this is not the car for you 9which in the Sl market is probably one of the factors the thing is cheap). Had a the joy of using a few of these as long term rentals and work assigned cars in SL and a few other places (4th & 5th generation). The 2.4L variant was pretty damn quick. You feel a bit scared in those things on bendy roads because considering how fast these things accelerate and fast it can go you feel like the car will not turn and just launch itself off the road (not that handling is bad). The 2.0L variant was ok....I would reckon the 1.8L variants would be a bit under powered.

In SL there were quite a few of these brought in so you will find support through the agents, but do not expect to pop in to any parts shop in Panchi and find parts (like for a Doctor Sunny)

These tend to show its age, but I have seen quite a few well maintained examples in SL.  The ones I had in SL (5th gens) one had dashboard cracks and the other had a sticky dashboard surface (which probably was leading to cracks). Not sure if it is there in the 4th gen. They are nice and heavy cars that are quite comfy with plush seats and the usual bells and whistles.