• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota mark 2 speedometer not working

Ken c

Question

Please help. I have a 1996 Toyota mark 2 gx100 with a 1 g engine. My speedometer stopped working after leaving the car in the sun the whole day. It stated working again after putting it in a cool spot. But after a few days it stopped for good. The digital milage does not come on and it takes long to shift gears

8 answers to this question

On 5/2/2019 at 10:33 PM, Ken c said:

Please help. I have a 1998Toyota mark 2 gx100 with a 1 g engine. My speedometer stopped working after leaving the car in the sun the whole day. It stated working again after putting it in a cool spot. But after a few days it stopped for good. The digital milage does not come on and it takes long to shift gears

Edited by Bichwa Jonas

There's a fellow on FaceBook who seems to specialize in Mark 2 Parts (JZX90, JZX100, JZX110). I have no clue about the quality of his stuff/worksmanship so I can't openly recommend but if you would like I can drop the name on a personal message?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Francis Lei said:

Dashboard light is not work, and all gauges, fuel, temperature and speedometer are not working.

Is the problem with the fuses?

Well...different parts of the dash and meter board are on different fuses/relays. So if all of these are not working that means you have blown out a few fuses/relays. But then these fuses are also tied to different other accessories, so are any other accessories not working ? Also, if you have blown a bunch of fuses/relays, that also could mean there is something wrong with your car that burnt it all out. 

It also could be that there is something wrong with the wire-harness that is going behind the dash <most common reason>.