• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How is 2016 vitz F Safety 1000cc Car.??

cham094

Question

I have planning to buy a Toyota Vitz 1000cc F safety car  it is 2016 model and I have chosen color is Magnetic Metallic grey, So I would kindly have get your expert opinions and comments about this car.

Specially about,

# Performance 

# Faults 

# Second hand market 

Thanks,

Cham094

12 answers to this question

2 hours ago, cham094 said:

I have planning to buy a Toyota Vitz 1000cc F safety car  it is 2016 model and I have chosen color is Magnetic Metallic grey, So I would kindly have get your expert opinions and comments about this car.

Specially about,

# Performance 

# Faults 

# Second hand market 

Thanks,

Cham094

You really have to learn to search the forum. 

Performance - there is none, slow noisy lump

Faults- nothing major so far, safety system has shown faults sometimes but nothing major, we all gonna need engine mounts soon though,

2nd hand market- only thing this car has

the colour you have chosen is one of the cheaper ones, white and orange being the costlier,  so don’t let them overcharge you, it’s a nice colour though, has a good demand

do not even have a slight hope of the mileage being 20000 to 30000 or lesser, as taught by some of my friends here and after extensive research 95% cars have done over 60000km to 80000km and have been clocked back. It’s nothing to worry though as cars in Japan have been looked after and the wear is way less. 

The other 5% being hand to hand personal imports and damaged cars repaired and sent.

Find a good car and finish it off soon as the budget may do wonders with the prices soon enough 

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

Very appreciated, thanks for you more information..

# By the way you as you told about performance but see so many units is going on all roads ? I think that's not much worry about that correct.? 

Thanks,

Average speed in Colombo is 10-15 kmph, max you can do is 100 kmph in the highway. Your car will be capable of handling those demands.

It is the best option for anyone with a requirement of no nonsense A to B transport requirement.

12 minutes ago, cham094 said:

but see so many units is going on all roads

Yes it's a basic A-B car. Performance is non existent. You have to really step on the gas at times to get to a decent speed. Going on all roads does not necessarily demand performance. Recently got down a 2016 Safety unit for an uncle of mine as a personal import- genuine mileage little less than 30k. It gets him from A-B and that's it. He however made the observation that it was vibrating a lot - an observation tiv had also made. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cham094 said:

Very appreciated, thanks for you more information..

# By the way you as you told about performance but see so many units is going on all roads ? I think that's not much worry about that correct.? 

Thanks,

unless you are into car racing, it's not much of a problem or issue. I drive a 2016 Vitz safety (LED edition) pack. Of course I wish there were more power to it. With the government's funny tax system, it's as far as someone with a budget can go. But it has enough power to get you going.

Noise and Vibration here are two separate factors I think. Noise is there specially if when you press the gas bit hard. I never experienced any vibration even at 100kmph on highway whereas my father's swift had it when passing 80kmph mark (feels a shaking on steering wheel as well as on my hands).

I think it's value for money but as many of the others mentioned, it's a little less-refined and performance isn't gonna give any pleasure for the driver. But I hope the reliability, simple components, and simple design will make up for it. 

I had to choose between a 2013 Aqua which is owned by one of my friends and a Vitz 2016 (non-safety as I do not prefer to have that stupid sensor braking the car) and I went with the Vitz due to reasons,

1. I only run about 1000km a month so the hybrid aqua isn't going to give me a considerable fuel saving. 

2. on top of it the Vitz will not require any hybrid system maintenance and will not need to replace HV battery (which I might probably have to do if I bought the 2013 Aqua).

3. I run around Colombo and 80% of the time only I am in the car so that power is adequate. 

4. I prefer the exterior look of the 2016 Vitz than the Aqua and 2017 Vitz facelift (beauty is subjective of course). 

The disadvantages I had known before buying the Vitz are that I knew it is going to vibrate at idle due to the 3 cylinder engine and the interior bits have the cheapest type of components including the seats, meter panel (which resembles a Bajaj motor bike's meter panel), etc.

I haven't had any problems so far and believe its worth the money I paid for it considering the other options available in the price range. I don't have a problem with the engine noise as I drive like a grandma most of the time I only wish that they had put some better mounts around the engine and stop the car vibrating like a.....uh... a vibrator ! ?? seriously though, even those kei cars like Stingray have better idling states. 

Second-hand market, nobody can predict how much a car will worth in several years but Toyotas rarely depreciate in the SL car market so I would say you're safe there. 

21 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

I run around Colombo and 80% of the time only I am in the car so that power is adequate

yeah this is a good reason to buy the vitz - it's actually an Ok car for city runs it's when you're driving outstations and when you want to overtake that you need that bit of power... the first car i drove extensively was 1.3 L B14 Sunny and that too mostly outstations - believe me it was torture!!!

2 hours ago, matroska said:

it's when you're driving outstations and when you want to overtake that you need that bit of power

agree with you. My main routes are long distance and outstation (Kandy-Colombo, Kandy-Badulla, Badulla-Colombo). I very rarely drive in colombo city traffic. There are many times I wish I had more engine power to overtake a vehicle and I usually don't push my car to it's limits.  

On 5/3/2019 at 7:20 PM, ghostwriter said:

4. I prefer the exterior look of the 2016 Vitz than the Aqua and 2017 Vitz facelift (beauty is subjective of course). 

So true this, the new one just has too many wrinkles on the face! Lol 

so today I have this senior colleague of mine, pug collector pulling in to the car park in a 203 minter, gracefully; some old number, and my CBG  2016 Toyota had more body shudder and was louder than that vintage car. 

It was like Marilyn Monroe and weird al

Edited by tiv
  • Haha 2