• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Registering as Uber Taxi

tilvin

Guys, one of my friend has an extra car which he does not run much. So he is planning to give to a driver and run it for uber. My friend want to do this in a reasonable way giving above the usual driver portion currently people are giving. So that he wants to know how much currently average driver commission. Vehicle maintenance and petrol cost will be with my friend. Based on the current rate going he can add 10% more and give to the driver. That's his plan. Please PM if anybody have idea on the rates.

9 hours ago, maersk said:

That’s not how it works in the industry as far as I know. You just give the car for a rate daily or monthly. Rest is driver’s business. 

As I checked with other guys, the usual practice is commission based on earnings. But not sure the usual rate. Some say 25% on hire value. Some say 40% on hire value. Even some say 50% from the value after deducting petrol cost. Not sure....?