• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Daihatsu Terios

Isurumj

11 hours ago, Isurumj said:

I’m gonna buy Daihatsu Terios as my first vehicle. Is it a good fuel consumption vehicle and law cost maintenance vehicle.

They do around 8-10 kmpl

Maintenance cost is NOT LOW

Also I guess you are looking at used ones

Either the 2014 lot or the 2007 2008 lot or the early 2000s old shape lot. Most of the above will have high mileage within the country and reasonable repairs. Parts are the bit scarce for the second gen so u have to go to agents at times. So its is not going to be cheap to run or not going to be trouble free. Keep a cash margin for repairs 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Isurumj said:

I’m gonna buy Daihatsu Terios as my first vehicle. Is it a good fuel consumption vehicle and law cost maintenance vehicle.

Prices of mechanical pars are a bit high as tiv mentioned. and most of the time you have to source from the agent.  Front prop shaft would cost you 100K above - the rear almost double that price - the replacement would come around 80-100,000 kms.  Even the rear spare wheel cover is expensive. So it would not be a low cost maintenance vehicle.  being  a 1.5 L engine on a largish car would mean extra strain on the engine hence will do around 8 KMPL. Other than that it's a simple old school car .

• Like 1

so then please suggest a car to buy as my first car below 3 million. please consider these

1. fuel consumption

3. maintenance cost

4. spare parts availability

On 4/22/2019 at 3:56 AM, Twin Turbo said:

WELCOME TO AL.

Congratz on your first car,..

If you want efficiency, get a Mira, but you should get some decent consumption when compared with a regular SUV.

Good luck.

TT.

5 hours ago, Isurumj said:

so then please suggest a car to buy as my first car below 3 million. please consider these

1. fuel consumption

3. maintenance cost

4. spare parts availability

Since you were after a Terios earlier  - are you ok with any car for 3 Million or are there any specifics requirements as in a sedan, hatchback.station wagon, size, intended purpose [ weekend travel/ office commute] etc?

I

On 4/28/2019 at 8:58 AM, matroska said:

Since you were after a Terios earlier  - are you ok with any car for 3 Million or are there any specifics requirements as in a sedan, hatchback.station wagon, size, intended purpose [ weekend travel/ office commute] etc?

If it’s a sedan it’s better and my purpose is weekend travel and fuel efficiency.

1 hour ago, Isurumj said:

I

If it’s a sedan it’s better and my purpose is weekend travel and fuel efficiency.

1. Lancer CS1/2/3 - For 3 Mill you can easlly get a 2011 ish car. Value for money. Simple and reliable machines quite comfy and has abit of character. Personally prefer the CS3 with the 1.6 L engine.

2. Honda Civic ES5 - slightly overpriced IMO but you can get something from 2005 for below 3M. Looks good 15 years later.

3. Mazda Axela/CS3 - 2008-2009 should be in your budget. For a little above 3M you can get a Mazda Axela/3 like this one: http://www.autolanka.com/view/mazda/axela/71306.html .This is 2010 hence the price is closer to 3.5 but an older one is in your budget.

4. If you have zero taste and would like a bland vacuum cleaner on wheels you can go for a 2007ish Toyota Belta/ Toyota Yaris. 

Other non-conventional Choices where you might actually be able to find a good deal due to the lower appeal for the following models.

5. Honda Insight  2009-2010 ok not quite a sedan but qualifies as one. and will do marginally better on fuel but it's hybrid.

6. Hyundai Elantra /Kia Cerato - 2011-2012 not very fast selling cars so you can probably bargain and get a good deal and end up with a well maintained unit. 

27 minutes ago, matroska said:

1. Lancer CS1/2/3 - For 3 Mill you can easlly get a 2011 ish car. Value for money. Simple and reliable machines quite comfy and has abit of character. Personally prefer the CS3 with the 1.6 L engine.

2. Honda Civic ES5 - slightly overpriced IMO but you can get something from 2005 for below 3M. Looks good 15 years later.

3. Mazda Axela/CS3 - 2008-2009 should be in your budget. For a little above 3M you can get a Mazda Axela/3 like this one: http://www.autolanka.com/view/mazda/axela/71306.html .This is 2010 hence the price is closer to 3.5 but an older one is in your budget.

4. If you have zero taste and would like a bland vacuum cleaner on wheels you can go for a 2007ish Toyota Belta/ Toyota Yaris. 

Other non-conventional Choices where you might actually be able to find a good deal due to the lower appeal for the following models.

5. Honda Insight  2009-2010 ok not quite a sedan but qualifies as one. and will do marginally better on fuel but it's hybrid.

6. Hyundai Elantra /Kia Cerato - 2011-2012 not very fast selling cars so you can probably bargain and get a good deal and end up with a well maintained unit. 

Wooowww it will be very much helpful as an amateur. Hats off??????

• 3 years later...