• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Knock sensor failure

Udeyrathna

Question

hello.. 

i have corolla ae 110 1998 automatic car.  i have two main issues with my car. 1. there is knock sensor failure after replacing the head gasket. is there is an any solution for correct the issue? it is impossible to erase the error. 

2. there is a delay to shift the gear when engine is cool. is it possible to correct the issue without going to heavy repairs like replacing the gear box?

please help.

thank you.

2 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, Udeyrathna said:

hello.. 

i have corolla ae 110 1998 automatic car.  i have two main issues with my car. 1. there is knock sensor failure after replacing the head gasket. is there is an any solution for correct the issue? it is impossible to erase the error. 

2. there is a delay to shift the gear when engine is cool. is it possible to correct the issue without going to heavy repairs like replacing the gear box?

please help.

thank you.

I have 2 solutions for your 2 problems.

Solution 1 - Replace the knock sensor

Solution 2 - Change the gearbox oil

Can you do both solutions and do an ECU rescan / update?

8 hours ago, tilvin said:

I have 2 solutions for your 2 problems.

Solution 1 - Replace the knock sensor

Solution 2 - Change the gearbox oil

Can you do both solutions and do an ECU rescan / update?

hi tilvin. 

thank you for your quick response. that gear box problem came after previous oil changing. a machanic observed and fix the problem once but it appears again soon. Also he said that replacing the knock sensor not a solution for the failure because the vibrations of engine had changed due to head gasket replacement. ?☹️