• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bump of rear wheels

Renushan

Hi, i got japan Alto 2016 model. Done 16000 kms.

It  feels a bump when sitting on a rear seat. Its feel lot when drive on a rural roads. On a good carpet road its feel little bump. I experience  it with anothor alto which belongs to my friend . On a same surface indian alto got good rear suspension . Can we fix this? Changing spring coil or shock will work?

First check the condition of the tyres. Check for previous puncture repairs that have the repair cord sticking out. Check for pebbles stuck in between treads. Check for bulges in the sidewall.

Next, get the rear wheels balanced. Maybe a balancing weight has fallen off causing vibration.

If none of them solve the issue, get the rear suspension checked out from a good garage. 

Thanks for replying for this.There are no issue with tyres but didnt check wheel balance. I think this car has poor rear suspension. Other cars of this model have the same issue. Cn someone explain me that its depends on the performance of rear coil spring and shockabsobers which use for this model and change of the coil or shockabsobers will fix this issue?

Your alto....is it a van variant ?

If you and your friend's Alto has the chassis code HA36V, then you have the van variant which is the variant made for business use (i.e. carrying cargo).  The passenger variant would be HA36S.

Both the variants have variants of the a Torsion Beam suspension system (Suzuki says the 4WD has a ITL  ?). The difference is the HA36S has softer suspension and the van has harder suspension. So that could be the main cause for the hard feeling.

But it being bumpy...well..like the others have suggested maybe too much air pressure or some alignment/balancing problem ? or worst yet...it has had an accident and poorly fixed (that is the extreme case). But yes...don't be surprised if more than one car has been subjected to the above....a lot of people get their cars maintained through ********* or use it harshly (slammimng over curbs, pot holes, etcc messing up the telemetry of the wheels...and quite a lot of people over inflate their tires (on the advice of service station boys) so that they save fuel...

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, iRage said:

Your alto....is it a van variant ?

If you and your friend's Alto has the chassis code HA36V, then you have the van variant which is the variant made for business use (i.e. carrying cargo).  The passenger variant would be HA36S.

Both the variants have variants of the a Torsion Beam suspension system (Suzuki says the 4WD has a ITL  ?). The difference is the HA36S has softer suspension and the van has harder suspension. So that could be the main cause for the hard feeling.

But it being bumpy...well..like the others have suggested maybe too much air pressure or some alignment/balancing problem ? or worst yet...it has had an accident and poorly fixed (that is the extreme case). But yes...don't be surprised if more than one car has been subjected to the above....a lot of people get their cars maintained through ********* or use it harshly (slammimng over curbs, pot holes, etcc messing up the telemetry of the wheels...and quite a lot of people over inflate their tires (on the advice of service station boys) so that they save fuel...

Does this mean they’ve sorta cut the panels and fixed windows to it? Meaning van spec what is the apparent difference in cargo capability besides the loading capacity?

well we had two alto 2004 and 2016 both had very poor suspension at the back. its good to take 2 people and a tiny person at the back.

not to take 4 or 5 people. That how it is designed and don,t put a lot of air its a small car. when we go over a hump slow down well. 

On 4/20/2019 at 6:38 PM, tiv said:

Does this mean they’ve sorta cut the panels and fixed windows to it? Meaning van spec what is the apparent difference in cargo capability besides the loading capacity?

No..it is the same as the passenger variant. Difference is rear seats, etc are rather ..well..non existent and the trim and stuff are more cargo friendly. Its just a low cost version. I guess it comes to SL in ship loads because it is cheap.