• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan March K11 (YOM 2001) IAC valve dysfunction

r3423

Hello there, my Nissan March K11 (2001) has rough idling especially with AC being on. Did a tune up, but no improvement. Mechanic says that IAC valve needs to be replaced. Any leads and guides? TIA

Also, is it possible to buy brand new IAC valves for this car?

After a cold start (i.e in the morning), does the engine rev upto about 1500 RPM and slowly settle down to normal as the engine warms up? 

If the rest of the throttle body is good, and if it is actually the IACV that is faulty, just replace the IACV. There's no benefit in replacing the entire throttle body unless the one on the car has a crack or irreparable damage. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 4:11 AM, Twin Turbo said:

Was your ignition system checked ? clogged injectors  could also cause rough running.

Yes. Ignition system was fully checked with replacement of plugs and tune-up.

On 4/20/2019 at 3:38 AM, Davy said:

After a cold start (i.e in the morning), does the engine rev upto about 1500 RPM and slowly settle down to normal as the engine warms up? 

If the rest of the throttle body is good, and if it is actually the IACV that is faulty, just replace the IACV. There's no benefit in replacing the entire throttle body unless the one on the car has a crack or irreparable damage. 

There's no RPM meter in the dashboard.

Ya. I also thought of replacing only the Vavle. Thanks