• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 6 (2016~2018) vs Premio (2018~2019)

abiman

On 4/22/2019 at 8:27 PM, TMG said:

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and need your reviews on Mazda 6 , 2016 model.

Is it really a good car. How about the maintenance cost in case of a second hand.

Regards

I have not owned one, but have driven both the premio and 6. Comparing the 6 with the premio is a disgrace to 6. :) 

Very good road presence, proper handling, proper steering feel. 

Cockpit of the 6 is somewhere you will enjoy being in, high quality materials soft leather used all around. Specially the post 2015 cockpits has a leaner dashboard because the multi info display is not embeded in to the dash. 

Not the fastest, had to push the gas a bit to get moving. The car I drove was 2.0 may be 2.5 version would be better. I prefer my Axela on this aspect, think this is due to Axela having cvt. @Quiet correct me if I am wrong, 6 has conventional box right ? 

You know the exterior, only thing I dont like about the design is the long chrome lining on the boot just beneath the badge like a moustache. ?

As @matroska said hardly you will find a 6 owner abusing the car. Most cars here are maintained at the agent or at Mazna, but as long as you follow the basics of car buying e.g. checking maintenece history you will not be in trouble. All the 6s are agent imports so mileage is also trustworthy. 

AL member @Quiet can tell you more as he owns one and there were few threads in the forum as well.

I have never used non genuine parts to my GP1 or Axela, so comparing both I see not much prics difference in terms of consumables like filters, oil etc. Specific parts like headlights are pricey because due to unique tech like adaptive headlights. 

I dont think you should be too much worried about repairs in a 2016 car, given routine maint has been done on time. 

*However note that you have to pay the luxury tax for 7 years, and the second hand value drops due to the funny SL car market. No offence if you are one of the majority, who buys cars in SL as 'Investment' to run with zero cost and sell at profit then  its not the car for you :)

Edited by GK_007
  • Like 1

Been using a brand new Mazda 6, 2 L for the past three and half years. Every time I look at it, my heart skips a beat ?. Spacious and comfortable. The road noise is a bit high. Responsive and powerful. Loads of cargo space. Reliability is its strongest suit. Not a single issue so far. Changed break pads once through agents. Frequently get mistaken for a Benz and even once for a Tesla! My point is Mazda 6 is a large family car, with sports sedan creds which punches far above its weight. 

Premios on the other hand are, well, good cars. Or so my car dealer friend tells me. 

• Like 2

+ 1 on Mazda's and their reliability. The newer ones in particular seem to be very solid. The only issue I have heard concerns the I-stop which drains the battery because of our traffic. That's only on the 2.5 versions. Colonial simple disables the system on the cars here.

• Like 1

Well i now drive a Audi A5. However i regret letting go of my Mazda because of sheer driving pleasure it gave me compared to the Audi.

I did not have an issue in selling my 2016 car. Of course i did have to take a hit compared to my purchase price but thats depreciation 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2019 at 10:58 AM, Quiet said:

Well i now drive a Audi A5. However i regret letting go of my Mazda because of sheer driving pleasure it gave me compared to the Audi.

I did not have an issue in selling my 2016 car. Of course i did have to take a hit compared to my purchase price but thats depreciation 

How much did you end up selling it for?

• 2 years later...
On 4/22/2019 at 3:57 PM, TMG said:

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and need your reviews on Mazda 6 , 2016 model.

Is it really a good car. How about the maintenance cost in case of a second hand.

Regards

Hello Guys ,

WIth all the positive feedback i've received from youall , bought 2016 M6 (2.0) Soul Red 😍

In fact she's a beauty and I'm enjoying eevery single day wit her even after 2 1/2 years 🤗

Never troubled me but sheer driving plepleasure. As it say "the pleasure a person derives from their car has nothing to do with its Market" 

M6 is the classic example for its sheer driving pleasure.

As you guys correctly mentioned , regular maintenance is the key for a long lasting trouble free car.  Use only the genuine spares although it costs you a little but you will never regret.

Does around 12+ in colombo and 18+ outstation 🤑. For the power she gives, it was more than what i've ever expected. Im a daily traveler and does around 50km per day. Compairing to Toyota's and other common makes , M 6 is certainly a head turner and all my work stress goes away at the time i got in to the car with its power , comfort and handling .....

M6 is a car which i will recomend despite the stupid Sri Lankan market. 

Thanks all

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TMG said:

WIth all the positive feedback i've received from youall , bought 2016 M6 (2.0) Soul Red 😍

The car is a figment of your imagination until you post a bunch of pictures of it in every possible angle you can think of :)

Congratulations :)

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2022 at 5:57 PM, iRage said:

The car is a figment of your imagination until you post a bunch of pictures of it in every possible angle you can think of :)

Congratulations :)

Agree - Some pictures would be nice

@TMG - Congratulations  - Another conversion to Mazda .....  As you rightly mentioned, stick to the correct maintenance from the correct people .... any she will be good ....