• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Driving only on weekends

sampathP

Question

Hi friends,

I'm going to buy a car with max budget around 5.5 Mil. So i decided to go for a premio 2013 or grace 2016. since i'm driving only on weekends, will it be a problem to grace hybrid battery ? etc .also i don't mind a good premio too. So going through this website found that So many frauds mileages on premio . So is it really hard to get the actual value even after a checkup?  

Thank you,

Your help here is highly appreciated

11 answers to this question

You should be able to find a decent Premio for that price.

Buy from the 1st owner, many came as zero mileage on permits and were used by the permit holders.

All documentation must, service records, emission test this will verify the mileage

Don't go looking for a 40-50K car which will be difficult to find, around 100k will be  the average for a 2013

Since you're will be doing less than 5-6k for a year even after 4-5 years your car will have a decent mileage.

I would also suggest a Mazda 3/6 or a Honda Civic which will also fall within your budget

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sampathP said:

Hi friends,

I'm going to buy a car with max budget around 5.5 Mil. So i decided to go for a premio 2013 or grace 2016. since i'm driving only on weekends, will it be a problem to grace hybrid battery ? etc .also i don't mind a good premio too. So going through this website found that So many frauds mileages on premio . So is it really hard to get the actual value even after a checkup?  

Thank you,

How much of driving you do on weekends,types of roads and traffic conditions

Getting a hybrid to do marginal running may not be worthwhile.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kush said:

How much of driving you do on weekends,types of roads and traffic conditions

Getting a hybrid to do marginal running may not be worthwhile.

Hoping around 100 km , just on main roads.Around kegalle,Kandy not much traffic like in colombo. I'm here not for economy side but for problem side. 80% Srilanka market is covered with hybrid ones. So i don't have a much of choices to choose among petrol ones. :(

Edited by sampathP

22 hours ago, sampathP said:

Hi friends,

Thank you,

This is a reasonable budget for a nice car - If you're not driving day-to-day then you really should not get a hybrid. You've already mentioned your concern with the Premio - i.e : Tampering, fake mileage, open books etc are common among popular cars like this. 

For 5.5 you could also consider a Korean SUV like a Sorento for instance . Specially if you drive on bad roads and want some ground clearance (mind you no proper off roading them Korean SUV's are just big comfy station wagons) 

If you can stretch your budget a little bit more and able to negotiate a good price you can go for a slightly used  2017-2018 Civic too.. like this one  you will have to pump 95 but since you don't drive daily that should be fine. Nice car to drive . 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 9:04 PM, kush said:

You should be able to find a decent Premio for that price.

Buy from the 1st owner, many came as zero mileage on permits and were used by the permit holders.

All documentation must, service records, emission test this will verify the mileage

Don't go looking for a 40-50K car which will be difficult to find, around 100k will be  the average for a 2013

Since you're will be doing less than 5-6k for a year even after 4-5 years your car will have a decent mileage.

I would also suggest a Mazda 3/6 or a Honda Civic which will also fall within your budget

Hi,

Yeah , My first chose was a Mazda 3 since it is sexy :D . I'm afraid that Mazda 6 is within my budget.how about Mazda 3 maintenance ? Known errors in reliability vise ? Why on earth this Mazda is not popular in Sri Lanka. I mean it's an uncommon vehicle :( .Second hand market is bit lower compared to Toyota,isn't it? Surely Mazda won't give a problem as a hybrid, Right?

On 4/3/2019 at 3:20 PM, matroska said:

This is a reasonable budget for a nice car - If you're not driving day-to-day then you really should not get a hybrid. You've already mentioned your concern with the Premio - i.e : Tampering, fake mileage, open books etc are common among popular cars like this. 

For 5.5 you could also consider a Korean SUV like a Sorento for instance . Specially if you drive on bad roads and want some ground clearance (mind you no proper off roading them Korean SUV's are just big comfy station wagons) 

If you can stretch your budget a little bit more and able to negotiate a good price you can go for a slightly used  2017-2018 Civic too.. like this one  you will have to pump 95 but since you don't drive daily that should be fine. Nice car to drive . 

KIA, Hyundai Second hand market is dead. I won't even think to buying it. What's your idea on Mazda? Like mazda 3 ?My first chose was a Mazda 3 since it is sexy :D .How about Mazda 3 maintenance ? Known errors in reliability vise ? Why on earth this Mazda is not popular in Sri Lanka. I mean it's an uncommon vehicle :( .Second hand market is bit lower compared to Toyota,isn't it?

11 minutes ago, sampathP said:

KIA, Hyundai Second hand market is dead. I won't even think to buying it. What's your idea on Mazda? Like mazda 3 ?My first chose was a Mazda 3 since it is sexy :D .How about Mazda 3 maintenance ? Known errors in reliability vise ? Why on earth this Mazda is not popular in Sri Lanka. I mean it's an uncommon vehicle :( .Second hand market is bit lower compared to Toyota,isn't it?

Well... the Korean second hand market is not quite dead but I know what you mean BUT nowadays second hand cars are not as popular as they were a few years back regardless of brand. anyways Mazda 3 is an excellent car and it's good to see it as your first choice.  It's not THAT rare if you think about it - mostly they are not for sale a lot since it seems people who buy them tend to keep them for long. There are no well documented problems such as AC compressor issues on Allion/Premio, DCT issues on Vezel/Fit's etc. 

11 minutes ago, sampathP said:

Why on earth this Mazda is not popular in Sri Lanka

Go stand on a roadside and observe how Sri Lankan motorists drive - then you will realize their mental capabilities: do you expect mentally handicapped people to identify a good car when they see one  ? ? ?

Edited by matroska

21 hours ago, sampathP said:

But you will be buying a Mazda for a significantly lower price than an equally spec'd Toyota...so it balances out.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2019 at 4:02 PM, sampathP said:

Hoping around 100 km , just on main roads.Around kegalle,Kandy not much traffic like in colombo. I'm here not for economy side but for problem side. 80% Srilanka market is covered with hybrid ones. So i don't have a much of choices to choose among petrol ones. :(

Check the 2013 Allion. It’s the same car with less chrome insertings for about 1-2 lakhs lower. I personally find (maybe because I own one) the front end and rear end of the Premio to be more plasticy looking. Make sure to find a one with all the records and details regardless of the mileage done. The car will return you about 12-13kmpl around Kegalle and 17+ kmpl on long distances if you drive it on light foot, maintaining a speed around 70-80kmph. I personally prefer a much more comfier, spacious ride (as I’m 6ft) with good ground clearance at the expense of handling, so went for a one.

2 hours ago, alpha17 said:

with good ground clearance

Ground clearance on the 260's are quite good  two of my cousins have a premio and an allion and once on a trip those two kept up effortlessly with an SUV on  bad roads. 

16 hours ago, matroska said:

Ground clearance on the 260's are quite good  two of my cousins have a premio and an allion and once on a trip those two kept up effortlessly with an SUV on  bad roads. 

Even with the bodykit she scrapes the ground very rarely compared to my previous 121?