• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing a Volkswagen E-Golf

You need to get down a brand new or a within one year old to get the maximum tax advantage.

Ensure all documents state that the motor power is 100KW, recommend you get a clarification from customs that what rate it will be taxed 50KW to =< 100KW is @ Rs. 10,000 per KW if this is the case your duty will be Rs. 1.0 Mn.

Price in UK around GBP 26,000/- if you can get the VAT refund organized it will be GBP 21,667 plus shipping and other costs whic will be around GBP 1,500- 2,000 total CIF approximately Rs. 5.6 Mn.

Make sure CIF is less than Rs. 6.0 Mn. otherwise you will have to pay additional 60% luxury tax on CIF

This brings the total up to Rs. 6.6 Mn.

No agent support, no warranty personally I do not recommend this as you could and also will end up loosing your money. 

Hope you're planning to keep this for a long time as you will not be able to sell this car.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2019 at 7:09 PM, Charlie Yoganathan said:

Would anyone here be able to guide me in Importing a Volkswagen E-Golf (Brand New / 2017 / 2018 / 2019)and also how much would it approximately cost to do so as well

https://www.vw.com/models/e-golf/section/overview/

Well even though it's apparent electric cars will be the future whether we like it or not - SL wouldn't be the the best place for an EV ...not just yet. If I was forced to buy a b/new EV I'd look for other options for example there are some EV's imported from the agents where they give a warranty as well I think MG, and Hyundai  agent's have the ZS ev and the kona and D#MO are also offering some chinese brand with a very long warranty period. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 10:00 AM, matroska said:

Well even though it's apparent electric cars will be the future whether we like it or not - SL wouldn't be the the best place for an EV ...not just yet. If I was forced to buy a b/new EV I'd look for other options for example there are some EV's imported from the agents where they give a warranty as well I think MG, and Hyundai  agent's have the ZS ev and the kona and D#MO are also offering some chinese brand with a very long warranty period. 

D*MO sells BYD, from the stables of the world's largest electric car maker. Even Mr. Buffet owns a stake in the chinese company :)

10 hours ago, YoungGrasshopper said:

D*MO sells BYD, from the stables of the world's largest electric car maker. Even Mr. Buffet owns a stake in the chinese company :)

So what does that mean? the car is good? it is suitable for sri lankan conditions?

• Haha 1