• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

141 Paint

Digital1987

Sorry I am not answering your question...but it might help other to answer your question if you indicate the budget you are hoping to spend.

A good paint job unfortunately is expensive and it can only go higher depending on the tinkering work that needs to be done.

In my experience the cheap paint jobs (those that I have seen) are not very good (low quality paint, thick orange peel, overflows, etc....)

Also, may I ask why a 141 needs a full paint job ?

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 10:43 AM, iRage said:

Sorry I am not answering your question...but it might help other to answer your question if you indicate the budget you are hoping to spend.

A good paint job unfortunately is expensive and it can only go higher depending on the tinkering work that needs to be done.

In my experience the cheap paint jobs (those that I have seen) are not very good (low quality paint, thick orange peel, overflows, etc....)

Also, may I ask why a 141 needs a full paint job ?

Hi mate,

my budget is 100,000 below. my car has so many scratch marks, unfortunately I had the 3rd party insurance so couldn't do anything.

Thank you ! 

4 hours ago, Digital1987 said:

Hi mate,

my budget is 100,000 below. my car has so many scratch marks, unfortunately I had the 3rd party insurance so couldn't do anything.

Thank you ! 

How badly scratched is it ? Are you sure it can't get taken off by polishing ?

What is the color ? Can't you just pant the effected regions ? (eg. door, fender, bumper, etc...as opposed to the entire car)

For a full body paint job, with 100K you might be able to pull off a decent job (not the best) at a reputed garage. Again, depends on the color too...and the amount of tinkering that needs to be done.

There will be plenty of garages who will jump and say it can be done for half, or even less, of your budget. My experience with these places have been that they use substandard paints and fillers and really careless painting (so there will be over spray all over the place, etc..). The car will look nice and shiny for a short time and then it starts to look really bad as the putty starts drying up and the paint starts flaking.

My advice is...go to a decent garage...(there are quite a few if you search the forums or the usual Automotive FB groups). Go get a quote.  Talk to them and see if there are any alternatives than doing a full body paint. Then work from there....

• Like 3

Karu / Madushan - off De Silva Road Kalubowila 0777805002

Price will reflect the quality of the work as others have mentioned above as well so go in with both eyes open and manage your expectations accordingly!

This isn't a recommendation but merely to share information of a garage that can handle paintwork in the region specified 

• 6 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 5:49 PM, iRage said:

How badly scratched is it ? Are you sure it can't get taken off by polishing ?

What is the color ? Can't you just pant the effected regions ? (eg. door, fender, bumper, etc...as opposed to the entire car)

For a full body paint job, with 100K you might be able to pull off a decent job (not the best) at a reputed garage. Again, depends on the color too...and the amount of tinkering that needs to be done.

There will be plenty of garages who will jump and say it can be done for half, or even less, of your budget. My experience with these places have been that they use substandard paints and fillers and really careless painting (so there will be over spray all over the place, etc..). The car will look nice and shiny for a short time and then it starts to look really bad as the putty starts drying up and the paint starts flaking.

My advice is...go to a decent garage...(there are quite a few if you search the forums or the usual Automotive FB groups). Go get a quote.  Talk to them and see if there are any alternatives than doing a full body paint. Then work from there....

Can you pm me these decent garages