• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying a 2004 Alto 1.1 (ABS/Air bags) in 2019

ThilinaBa

Hi all,

I just found a 2004 Alto (Indian) for 1.2M. The car spec is as follows.

1000cc

Manual

Alloy wheel

ABS

Air bags

98000 KM

The car has average overall look. No major damages inside and out. Engine looks good. No any bad noises or vibrations. 

What do you guys think about this model and buying a 15 years old Alto?

This the model is not very common, will the parts be available and cheap?

Really appreciate your feedback. 

Thanks.

This must be a euro spec one. Made in India but imported to Sri lanka from UK. It has a driver airbag but no ABS. That might be a false claim.

Engine is from indian wagon r, which is not a very popular model, so you might face some issues with engine spares.

• Like 2

If the car is in good condition should be ok. mechanical issues should be easy to rectify and straight forward. Check for rust, thoroughly it may be patched up.

Do not pay anything more if it is not the mainstream model imported by agent.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hrm said:

I doubt it's an Indian given the safety options. Could be the Japanese one came with same body styling. Did you check the CR? 

Yes. It is indian. As mentioned in other comments it is an EU model.

8 hours ago, noddy said:

i had a friend who had this alto 1.1 engine i think this was the euro spec  (think) Susuki with drew this model from euro

it had ABS etc

with a larger engine it should be good.

Yes this is an EU model. Do you know any info about parts availability and cost?

5 hours ago, kusumsiri said:

Is that a K10 ?

Can you upload a photo of it ? Interesting to see Alto (Indian) with ABS & Air bags.

Here you go :) https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F4ab-ulooFdRZO5ggmXpY8ThpX09kDL8

46 minutes ago, Crosswind said:

This must be a euro spec one. Made in India but imported to Sri lanka from UK. It has a driver airbag but no ABS. That might be a false claim.

Engine is from indian wagon r, which is not a very popular model, so you might face some issues with engine spares.

Thanks for the reply. As you said yes it is an EU model. But it has 2 air bags. I've attached a photo of the dashboard as above reply. It shows SRS in steering as well as dashboard of passenger side. Could that be a false label?

19 minutes ago, kush said:

If the car is in good condition should be ok. mechanical issues should be easy to rectify and straight forward. Check for rust, thoroughly it may be patched up.

Do not pay anything more if it is not the mainstream model imported by agent.  

Thanks for your reply. As the above photos, car looks good. Do you think 1.2M is too much?

In general what do you guys think of going for this vs going for a Jap car in this price range? (Doctor sunny, Toyota Tracel etc.)

Specially, this gonna be my first car. I want it to be a fun to drive and hassle-free car where I can do some stuff by my own and learn. For example small maintenances and mods.

Thanks for the images. The body and interior panels shows same as Indian Alto (Yes it shows air bags on dash board  & steering wheel). So seems body parts may source easily. As @Crosswind said if engine from Indian wagon r, spares will not be easily source.

In summery 1.2M seems too much for HZ plate 2004 Alto though it have ABS, air bags & 1000cc.

P.S : You can upload images here directly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kusumsiri said:

Thanks for the images. The body and interior panels shows same as Indian Alto (Yes it shows air bags on dash board  & steering wheel). So seems body parts may source easily. As @Crosswind said if engine from Indian wagon r, spares will not be easily source.

In summery 1.2M seems too much for HZ plate 2004 Alto though it have ABS, air bags & 1000cc.

P.S : You can upload images here directly.

Thanks for your opinion.  I'm not very cleare about the term "source" you used here. Could you explain it a bit :)

Photos: Upload failed. I guess they exceeds the max size. So I dropped them in google drive.

28 minutes ago, ThilinaBa said:

Thanks for your opinion.  I'm not very cleare about the term "source" you used here. Could you explain it a bit :)

Photos: Upload failed. I guess they exceeds the max size. So I dropped them in google drive.

Meant parts easily find in your local market.

• Like 1

Car seems to be at a sale so most probably clocked. It has the magic mileage of less than 100k km 

Given the fact that local version is advertised around Rs. 1.4 Mn, transaction may be taking around Rs. 1.2 Mn.

Use the negatives mentioned by others to bargain. Are they asking for Rs. 1.2 Mn. or your offer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kush said:

Car seems to be at a sale so most probably clocked. It has the magic mileage of less than 100k km 

Given the fact that local version is advertised around Rs. 1.4 Mn, transaction may be taking around Rs. 1.2 Mn.

Use the negatives mentioned by others to bargain. Are they asking for Rs. 1.2 Mn. or your offer

Thanks for your reply. They ask for 1.2Mn final price. 

3 hours ago, ThilinaBa said:

Do you think it is worth for money, with all the above negative comments?

Well you get additional features (ABS, air bags, front power windows) and a better engine than the local model

Down side is it is not the mainstream model in SL so sourcing some parts unique to the car may be difficult.

If you get it for Rs. 1.1 Mn. it is around Rs. 200-300 k less

You will have to decide based on your personal circumstances.

• Like 1