• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1st car - Arround 2million

GKESudesh

Question

Hi guys,

I’m looking forward to buy my 1st car and need ideas from the expertise. My budget is from 2mil- 2.2mil. I need a car which is safe and with better fuel economy. I’m definitely not into Indian cars, so I have few options like Viva Elite, Toyota passo. Please be kind enough to give me a little feedback on these two cars and let me know if you guys have better options.

Thank you

8 answers to this question

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Both of these cars are good in fuel economy and reliability. Viva elite is the malaysian counterpart of Daihatsu Mira so the car is almost the same. I know few owners and no one complained any fault about the Viva. For the price you pay you’ll be getting a 2004-2005 Passo  and 2011-2012 Viva Elite. Passo will be a bit comfortable than the Viva. Passo will give you more running repairs due to the age and you’ll find most of them hacked to death. So IMO Viva Elite is the best bet when it comes to fuel economy and reliability. It’s just an average car with nothing to complain about.Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GKESudesh said:

Hi guys,

I’m looking forward to buy my 1st car and need ideas from the expertise. My budget is from 2mil- 2.2mil. I need a car which is safe and with better fuel economy. I’m definitely not into Indian cars, so I have few options like Viva Elite, Toyota passo. Please be kind enough to give me a little feedback on these two cars and let me know if you guys have better options.

Thank you

Between the two I'd go for the viva elite since it's newer and since it's a fun little car to drive.  A similarly priced passo would be a bit more older. For a first car something simple like an elite will be a good choice. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, matroska said:

Between the two I'd go for the viva elite since it's newer and since it's a fun little car to drive.  A similarly priced passo would be a bit more older. For a first car something simple like an elite will be a good choice. 

Thank you very much ?

2 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Both of these cars are good in fuel economy and reliability. Viva elite is the malaysian counterpart of Daihatsu Mira so the car is almost the same. I know few owners and no one complained any fault about the Viva. For the price you pay you’ll be getting a 2004-2005 Passo  and 2011-2012 Viva Elite. Passo will be a bit comfortable than the Viva. Passo will give you more running repairs due to the age and you’ll find most of them hacked to death. So IMO Viva Elite is the best bet when it comes to fuel economy and reliability. It’s just an average car with nothing to complain about.Good luck!

Thank you very much ? Do you have any idea about the fuel consumtion?

3 minutes ago, GKESudesh said:

Thank you very much ? Do you have any idea about the fuel consumtion?

Both of them would do around 10-12kmpl in city driving and 16-18kmpl for long trips.Note that some owners have claimed about the steering rack noise(which is a common thing for most of the toyota’s due to SL roads).You’ll be able to squeeze out more kms if you are extremely lightfooted and drive like a granny:D Anyway when considering the fuel economy...just don’t think about it mate..they are cars with good fuel economies. So you’ll never get the low figures of a Cefiro or high figures of Hybrid. At the end of a long journey 1-2kmpl difference would likely to save you around 100 rupees.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Both of them would do around 10-12kmpl in city driving and 16-18kmpl for long trips.Note that some owners have claimed about the steering rack noise(which is a common thing for most of the toyota’s due to SL roads).You’ll be able to squeeze out more kms if you are extremely lightfooted and drive like a granny:D Anyway when considering the fuel economy...just don’t think about it mate..they are cars with good fuel economies. So you’ll never get the low figures of a Cefiro or high figures of Hybrid. At the end of a long journey 1-2kmpl difference would likely to save you around 100 rupees.

4 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

thank you very much for the advice. Will look for both of them and will choose one of them according tp the condition. Thanks a lot brother