• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good place for AC repair

sira

Dear Friends. I'm having an issue with my GP1(2011) AC system. a few months back  I got gas re-filled due to a small leak on firewall panel socket and that time the technician changed O ring which is a smaller one as he couldn't find the correct O ring that time. It stays around 2 months and now again gas getting leaked. so I refilled last week too. 

I think now it is time to do a full service. I  checked with few places and they said there will be a leak on Evaporator coil and it needs to be replaced. 

Do they remove condenser and compressor and check any leaks on this type of vehicles? I heard they only check Evaporator coil for a gas leak and fill the gas. what is the correct way of servicing and repairing method of AC system if there is a Gas leak? and where will be the best place for this kind of repair

please advice

sira

Evap leaks are the most common,.. get the car checked by a pro,..parts will be removed and checked to detect un detected  leaks,..

Start by checking the evaporator.

Wishing you cool runnings,..

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo

After having continuous repairs on our old KE72 we took it to Frostaire at Union place in 2008. For sure it wasn’t cheap as we replaced quite a few parts but well worth it because it still works until now.

All I say is if you do a proper repair rather than patching it might be worth in the long run. I may be wrong but it worked for me.