• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vitz 2016

Praveen_Auto

Question

What would be the best option. Below is my travel pattern.

Monthly travel distance - 700km (maximum)

- daily office route (10km up & down)

- Colombo to Makola twice a month (90 km)

- Misc. trips (short ones)

- Once in 6 months (Kandy)

Option 1

I know that all the Aquas 2014 our there is needing battery replacement in no time even if the reports indicate 95+ capacity. Let's say I planned to find a low mileage (40000-50000 km) one with a decent battery....

Option 2

Vitz 2015/16 is the other recommended option. I know that the fuel economy is not so great. But at least it's a from a recent year (2016) and I don't mind the compact look as it's a bit smaller compared to an Aqua. Suppose I can find a low mileage 2016 one with good maintenance.

In any case I'll be selling whichever car in next 3.5 years. So considering the whole life time usage whatdo you guys think I should be looking at??

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edited by Davy

24 answers to this question

This vehicle has been discussed extensively in this form. Please use the search option and you’ll find more than enought details about the car. It’s a Toyota so, will likely to give you trouble free mototing for another 3-4 years. Mainstream Cars like Vitz, Vezel, Allion/Premio, WagonR...etc have been discussed over and over, so again I suggest you to use the search function.

cheers!

• Like 1

Please don't open a thread for each question... there's already a thread you created for the same car. @Davy can you please delete this thread since the question is also quite a useless one. 

@Praveen_Auto color preference is subjective.  just buy a color you like...I don't get why Sri Lankans are obsessed with the next buyers tastes than his own ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2019 at 10:32 PM, alpha17 said:

This vehicle has been discussed extensively in this form. Please use the search option and you’ll find more than enought details about the car. It’s a Toyota so, will likely to give you trouble free mototing for another 3-4 years. Mainstream Cars like Vitz, Vezel, Allion/Premio, WagonR...etc have been discussed over and over, so again I suggest you to use the search function.

cheers!

Okay. Sure.. will do. .. thanks for the info anyway.

33 minutes ago, Praveen_Auto said:

Also, just need to know whether there is any unusual noise generated by the engine in Vitz as its 1000cc. I got few people telling me this - any validity here. ? By Vitz i meant 2016 and 2015 in particular. 

Being a 3 cylinder engine Yes it is a bit noisy and has a bit of vibration this is normal with most 3pot engines.

30 minutes ago, Praveen_Auto said:

Thanks emoji4.png.
The other varient of this SCP30 or something has 4 cylinder I believe. This is widely available??

The KSP 130 is the 1000 CC 3 Cylinder version. NSP 130 is the 1300 CC version with 4 cylinders and is quiter, more powerful and smoother. However due to the tax structure very few NSP 130's are imported since you're paying a huge Tax. There are a few 2011-2012 NSP 130's around. SCP90 was the previous version 1300 CC model (upto 2011) 

P.S : Just go through this and you will get an understanding on the various models etc 

http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/catalog/TOYOTA__VITZ/

Edited by matroska
Included the goo net link

The KSP 130 is the 1000 CC 3 Cylinder version. NSP 130 is the 1300 CC version with 4 cylinders and is quiter, more powerful and smoother. However due to the tax structure very few NSP 130's are imported since you're paying a huge Tax. There are a few 2011-2012 NSP 130's around. SCP90 was the previous version 1300 CC model (upto 2011) 

P.S : Just go through this and you will get an understanding on the various models etc 
http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/catalog/TOYOTA__VITZ/

Very informative thanks.

Check the new Passo also. It has same engine and gear box of Vitz and some claim it's less noisier. Don't know how that happen though. Plus it has more bells and whistles than Vitz and relatively cheaper.

There was a 2014 NSP130 for sale like 5.1 mil.

13 minutes ago, hrm said:

Check the new Passo also. It has same engine and gear box of Vitz and some claim it's less noisier. Don't know how that happen though. Plus it has more bells and whistles than Vitz and relatively cheaper.

There was a 2014 NSP130 for sale like 5.1 mil.

Interesting - an uncle of mine had a Passo earlier and recently imported a vitz he claims the passo is quieter. 

11 minutes ago, matroska said:

Interesting - an uncle of mine had a Passo earlier and recently imported a vitz he claims the passo is quieter. 

Maybe more insulation? 1000cc Vitz is the only one with this noise complaint in this segment it seems (same story in second generation Vitz but not first). One of my friends who had 2013 Aqua got a 2016 Vitz and sold it after 3 months mainly due to the engine noise. First time car buyers may not feel this that much I guess. In the other hand Passo is quite underrated mainly due to popularity with Vitz. But newer gen model is decently kitted and bang for the buck. Boon would be even cheaper than Passo.

Noise of the 3 pot 1000cc is really annoying for longer journeys. But for running around the town it’s much less of an issue as most of the time you’ll be stuck in traffic with blasting the ac full due to heat. I have travelled from Kandy and back in 2nd gen 1000cc Vitz a few years ago. The problem is that the engine noise is very boomy. I remember I fell into sleep just after returning to home(only 80km journey both ways) as I was tired like hell. Due to the lack of power you constantly need to rev up the engine and that makes it worse. Here is the thing. If you really need comfort, just go for a sedan. I also do around 700-800km per month and I never calculated the fuel figures after the first few days after buying a new car.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, alpha17 said:

Noise of the 3 pot 1000cc is really annoying for longer journeys.

I agree with @alpha17on this. I too drive a 2016 Vitz and on longer journeys with AC on, there is a noise which can be hard to listen to. Specially if you're driving up slopes or ride on bumpy roads, you can experience the engine revs excessively. It may also depend on the load too. For someone with heavy foot on gas, it will be a noisy drive. But on smooth roads or carpet roads it is not much of a problem. I also came across this very concern last year when I was searching for a car. And went with the Vitz knowing it's pros and cons. Overall, I am really happy with the car and that's all that matters I guess. :D

10 hours ago, Asanga13665 said:

New Vitz is 1000cc, very noisy and not much comfortable like before, specially front seats and no bottle holders in passenger doors, low power, better go for 1300 

The tax alone for an unregistered 1300  would be over 3.5 M which means the whole car will cost close to 5M when imported. At that price no one would buy a vitz. 

• Sad 1

Bringing forth my account status for your opinions guys,

My wife went and sold the mira and had reserved a vitz and got it home, paid about 80% of the sum. I was not in the country and due to the budget flare, I just let her go through it. Also she is no noob when it comes to cars 

After going through the Jevic I found out the thing had done 82000, when I saw the car in person today, it has only 30k on the odo, car is pristine, mechanically.  

Got the body checked by my painter, bumpers have been touched up, bumpers not lined but frame and body in mint shape

Interior is mint , i know enough hoo haas in the relevant district and authorities and even the sale fellas aren't that bad, typical noise but pulls very well, shifts gears well.

I can easily return it, but I feel the car is good, price was a bit on the lower side and it's a really rare coffee brown pearl. 

What do u guys think?

Assume the car is at 80k what repairs can I expect? 

Engine? 1000cc 1KR? CVT gearbox ? Suspension?

Theres not even a blemish on the Seats

Edited by tiv

3 hours ago, Quiet said:

Doesn't the Vitz have a oil burning issue after 100K, not sure but saw it somewhere.

7 hours ago, matroska said:

The tax alone for an unregistered 1300  would be over 3.5 M which means the whole car will cost close to 5M when imported. At that price no one would buy a vitz. 

I have a vitz 1.3, and left side head light now is very low and glass comming to blottered ( light yellow) can I change this bulbs to LED or can be upgraded to Cristal, I hope this Halagon bulbs , it is not sufficient some time specially rain or dust