• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Tercel

Sevan star

Hi fred...

i m planning to buy one of following car.

Please help me to know about toyota  tersel car is a good car?

It s fuel consumption,

noise

, market price

, reselling ability,

parts availability.

Pls help me

Thanks all.

Edited by Davy
Corrected topic title typo. Added tags.

1 hour ago, Sevan star said:

Hi fred...

i m planning to buy one of following car.

Please help me to know about toyota  tersel car is a good car? Back in the day when they were new they were good at this point it's down to how well they've been maintained. 

It s fuel consumption,

Varies a lot specially as cars get older there will be more and more changes/repairs done so these could change. an auto would do somewhere around 8-10 KMPL and a manual a little bit better.  Bottom line it won't be as thirsty as a Cefiro nor as frugal as a Maruti. 

noise

not sure what this means. 

, market price

Based on YOM and Transmission (Auto's are a lot more expensive) - price range is between 1.3-1.8 M 

, reselling ability,

Priced right it would still be able to resell when the time does come but resale is something no one can predict . Cars are no longer trade-able commodities now.  As long as you don't expect to make profit you will not be disappointed. 

parts availability.

Due to the shared engine with the Starlet and the corolla parts should be available 

Pls help me

Thanks all.

answers in Red. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sevan star said:

Thankas matroska. 

do u think outstation fuel ability around 13-15kmpl.?

And can you give me openion to buy this car made in 98/99?

Thanks fred ??

Yeah you might ..if the car has been tuned well and you drive it properly (this does not mean going slow!  55-60 kmh constantly maximizes fuel economy). 1998-1999 would be at the newer end of the spectrum so you might be able to get a decent specimen  and the late 1990's cars were usually rock solid. The tercel was discontinued  after 1999 and replaced by the soluna in 2000. 

Tercel is a very reliable car with a bit above average fuel economy. Make sure that the car is in original condition. By original condition I mean engines and legally. A guy I know bought one a few years ago and that one was in really pristine condition. When I checked the car, there was a problem in the clutch(he brought the car to our home just after finishing the transaction). So we went to get it fixed from a known mechanic and when he popped up the hood said “meka Tercel eke engine eka neweine”. So the previous owner had replaced the engine of a E90 series engine(as I recall,but not exactly sure) and the engine numbers were changed accordingly. So we gave the car back to the owner and got the money. There might be a few hacked ones like this and therefore when you are going to inspect them, make sure to know all the relevant information. Check what are the original engines and memorize how they look. Make sure to inspect whatever you buy thoroughly. Good luck!!!

On 3/17/2019 at 11:27 AM, alpha17 said:

Tercel is a very reliable car with a bit above average fuel economy. Make sure that the car is in original condition. By original condition I mean engines and legally. A guy I know bought one a few years ago and that one was in really pristine condition. When I checked the car, there was a problem in the clutch(he brought the car to our home just after finishing the transaction). So we went to get it fixed from a known mechanic and when he popped up the hood said “meka Tercel eke engine eka neweine”. So the previous owner had replaced the engine of a E90 series engine(as I recall,but not exactly sure) and the engine numbers were changed accordingly. So we gave the car back to the owner and got the money. There might be a few hacked ones like this and therefore when you are going to inspect them, make sure to know all the relevant information. Check what are the original engines and memorize how they look. Make sure to inspect whatever you buy thoroughly. Good luck!!!

Thanks alpha.its a valuable ideas about my topic. Thanks again. ??