• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

11 hours ago, hustlehard said:

Please Let me know your thoughts.

The first thought I get is that you should stick to one thread for all your questions - you're creating threads for each car that comes in to mind. Stop that!  You've swung like tarzan from Vezels, to other SUV's to premium cars and now to an Allion - and you created threads for each and every one of them! 

Yes Allion is the absolute best you can get for 4 Million. Go and find one that has done only 69,000 Km. 

11 hours ago, hustlehard said:

Thanks in advance and let me know other available vehicles for the price

That's what people have been doing on your other threads for the past couple of days. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone,
What are your thoughts on buying a Mitsubishi Outlander 2008/2009/2010 or 2011 model now?

Since I can find one for the price range of 4-5 million I think its the perfect crossover for me (correct me if I'm wrong)

I want to know about all the positive sides and the negative sides of buying this vehicle.

And spending 4 - 5 million on a vehicle is a huge investment for me so I will continue to post whatever the vehicle that comes to my mind which I can't find proper information on other threads as it will help me and other Sri Lankans to make the right decision when buying a vehicle.

Thank you in advance!

You should PM a mod ( @Davy ) and send all the links of the posts you have opened so far on this matter - and ask him if he could merge them all to one thread - "Best vehicle for a 4 - 4.5 million budget". 

And get your username changed to "Posthard" or "Spamhard" while you're at it

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Haha 4

As long as the aren’t the hybrid ones, you’d be fine, agents have almost all parts but don’t expect them to run on a budget.

expect running repairs as they will have a certain mileage above 50000km 

Parts Oem are costly and they are not fuel  Efficient, pretty much the same with all SUVs though 

Also consider the ASX and a low mileage vezel if you can as they fall in the same range. 

If you are keen on a Mitsubishi, talk to the agents, you can get an idea and the issues they have and the fuel/ running costs

Oh dude!!! I’ve never seen anybody changing this much faster!!! 

Just list out your main requirements. Score them. Then select the one whice gives you the best score. Done

Edited by alpha17

@hustlehard, For the couple of weeks you've been a member of the forum, you have opened 5 (redundant) threads. Stop creating new topics for each new vehicle that pops up into your mind. If you keep doing this, the moderator team will be forced to add you to the moderated members list where you will not be able to post without approval. Consider this an informal warning.

Three other similar threads merged into this. 

@Hyaenidae, thanks for pointing out. I really don't follow these "which vehicle can I buy for X amount of rupees" threads, so threads like this are missed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@hustlehard - Have you actually gone and inspected these vehicles? If not go visit a few sellers - test drive a vezel, test drive an outlander, an allion, premio, and whatever car that comes to your mind  usually you will feel differences in each and you will feel you like one more than the others - that's what you should buy. 

• Like 1

Check Mazda Axela 2nd generation 2009-2011 model. They are priced around 3.6-4.0 million which seems a bargain for the age and looks of the car. It’s much rarer on the road so you might turn more heads on your neighbourhood. Just go and test drive one

8 hours ago, Davy said:

@hustlehard, For the couple of weeks you've been a member of the forum, you have opened 5 (redundant) threads. Stop creating new topics for each new vehicle that pops up into your mind. If you keep doing this, the moderator team will be forced to add you to the moderated members list where you will not be able to post without approval. Consider this an informal warning.

Three other similar threads merged into this. 

@Hyaenidae, thanks for pointing out. I really don't follow these "which vehicle can I buy for X amount of rupees" threads, so threads like this are missed. 

@Davy Why cant I post threads that I cant find useful info on any other threads in this website? This helps to boost this site in terms of SEO and also gives free knowledge to other people.

Spamming is posting the same topic all the time and clearly, I never did that.

Edited by hustlehard

3 minutes ago, hustlehard said:

@Davy Why cant I post threads that I cant find useful info on any other threads in this website? This helps to boost this site in terms of SEO and also gives free knowledge to other people.

Spamming is posting the same topic all the time and clearly, I never did that.

The cars that you have asked questions about (Vezel, Allion etc.) have already been extensively discussed in multiple threads. Did you try searching the forum first? The "free knowledge" you're talking about is already available, you just need to search a bit.

Vezel Search Results | Allion Search Results 

As for SEO, they work by looking mainly at tags and thread title. All search tags on this thread (defined by you) speak nothing of the actual model. It's "3 million car", "4 million suv" and so on, but your original post is about Honda Vezel. While I appreciate you making the effort to create search tags (some members don't even bother to do so), the tags you've created don't really help anyone searching for Vezel.

Also, I'm not sure if you noticed, but I left your thread about Lexus RX 300 alone, because I searched and couldn't find sufficient information or an existing thread. 

Your threads have little to do with the actual models in question... it's about your inability to decide which one to buy for your 4 million budget. So the best course of action is to create one thread so that members can give their ideas about the cars that you are considering to help you make a decision. It's done to help you.

Finally, there are new threads created every single day and if every member creates a new thread for each vehicle that comes into their minds, regular members here will have no other work than type the same thing over and over again. So you as a newbie should first try to search and try to find information on your own. 

So please continue your discussion here. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Davy said:

Finally, there are new threads created every single day and if every member creates a new thread for each vehicle that comes into their minds, regular members here will have no other work than type the same thing over and over again. 

Plus this moves threads made by other members who wait patiently to get their questions answered into the "load more" void and they go unnoticed and unanswered. 

• Like 2

@Davy what about opening a new section for car reviews? The blog entries are good, but most newer members are not familiar with them. I don’t know, this might not be effective, but kind of centralize car details. Most members have joined this forum to get help regarding buying a new car. Those reviews can reduce the amount of new member signups(what I think).This is just my idea?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alpha17 said:

@Davy what about opening a new section for car reviews? The blog entries are good, but most newer members are not familiar with them. I don’t know, this might not be effective, but kind of centralize car details. Most members have joined this forum to get help regarding buying a new car. Those reviews can reduce the amount of new member signups(what I think).This is just my idea?

I understand what you mean. The blogs section feels like it lacks engagement between the original poster and responses as it's a separate section from the forums. Thanks for the feedback.

@MADZ what can we do about this? Maybe the Forums home page can have a blogs section alongside "General Automotive", "DIY" etc?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davy said:

I understand what you mean. The blogs section feels like it lacks engagement between the original poster and responses as it's a separate section from the forums. Thanks for the feedback.

@MADZ what can we do about this? Maybe the Forums home page can have a blogs section alongside "General Automotive", "DIY" etc?

@alpha17 @Davy I added a new sub forum under Autolanka Forums as BLOGS and redirected to blog section. It should redirect forum users to blog section. Further I will also try to create a new section for AL blog posts in the AL home page.

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

To prove Davy's point...I did not bother writing to any of your other threads (apart from the Lexus one) because it was..well...similar to blindly swiniging a bat. In fact I stopped responding to the Lexus thread because all your other threads were contradictory and whatever was being discussed in the Lexus thread was a waste.

What is your definition of Premium ? Because for the record...

The Lexus (and the Harrier to an extent) are somewhat premium cross overs (at least in the lower end of the spectrum). The Vezel, Allion, Premio, etc..are not Premium models for any of these manufacturers. As discussed in the Lexus thread, RAV4, X-Trails, etc..are also not premium crossovers....it is just that some of them are slightly more well equipped than the other.

So again..what is your definition of Premium. For most...Premium in the Japanese vehicle range would mean cars like Mark X, Accord, Mazda 6, Harrier, CR-V (somewhat), etc...

Allion/Premio, Axela, etc...are mid-sized and standard sedans.

• 1 year later...

Hi All, 
Sorry for asking this question again ! Please Im looking for some opinion as im not much touch with the current sri lanka vehicle market and the vehicle models ( as im living in aboard) 

So i would like to ask the same question that what is a good choice when it comes to 4.0 -4.5 Million ( max looking for is 4.5 but can stretch to 4.6) 

What i prefer as follow 

• Fuel Efficiency ( something where it is manageable   )
  • Non-Hybrid
  • Suv or Sedan ( prefer SUV )
  • Prefer some new technologies ( such as traction control, cruise control whatever it look smart )
  • Automatic transmission
  • Some Ground Clearance
  • Need to have room for 5 people ( to travel comfortably )
  • not a hacked vehicle 
  • if SUV with some Off Road capabilities ( not extreme or hard off road)
  • Not so Old Vehicle
  • Not a hatchback ( except Mazda 3)

Currently I have in my mind ( i will update if i get any other good choices ) 

1. Mazda 3 ( 2014-2015 Model) 
  2. Sportage 2011-2012 ( Diesel Tiptronic - 4WD )

Things i dropped

1. Civic, GPs, Vezel
  2. Hyundai Tucson ( i dont like the design) 
  3. Santa fe ( old version 2008 ) 
  4. Premio/ Allion ( most are hacked, over priced same like 121)
  5. Chinese brands ( eg Tivilio) 
  6. Ssangyong

Questions i have

1.  Any other suggestions? or recommendations ? 
  2. Do u have experience or anything to share regarding mazda 3 and its maintenance experiences ? 
  3. Do u have experience or anything to share regarding Sportage 2011-12 and its maintenance experiences ? 
  4. Pros and cons with Mazda 3 ?
  5. Pros and cons with Sportage? 
  6. Any related experience over the cars/suvs on my budget ? 

Im sorry again if i ask this question again. cause its really hard to find a updated thread regarding this topic !

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.c5a4099f7c2d34061e667dbd7196bd92.jpgimage-asset.jpeg.3a6b062199ed11a51f4a594802da1db8.jpeg

Edited by Thilinadinith
text formatting

1 hour ago, Thilinadinith said:

Hi All, 
Sorry for asking this question again ! Please Im looking for some opinion as im not much touch with the current sri lanka vehicle market and the vehicle models ( as im living in aboard) 

So i would like to ask the same question that what is a good choice when it comes to 4.0 -4.5 Million ( max looking for is 4.5 but can stretch to 4.6) 

What i prefer as follow 

• Fuel Efficiency ( something where it is manageable   )
  • Non-Hybrid
  • Suv or Sedan ( prefer SUV )
  • Prefer some new technologies ( such as traction control, cruise control whatever it look smart )
  • Automatic transmission
  • Some Ground Clearance
  • Need to have room for 5 people ( to travel comfortably )
  • not a hacked vehicle 
  • if SUV with some Off Road capabilities ( not extreme or hard off road)
  • Not so Old Vehicle
  • Not a hatchback ( except Mazda 3)

Currently I have in my mind ( i will update if i get any other good choices ) 

1. Mazda 3 ( 2014-2015 Model) 
  2. Sportage 2011-2012 ( Diesel Tiptronic - 4WD )

The 2014-2015 Mazda 3 doesn't really fit the highlighted above...Plus the two vehicles you've settled on seem aimed at different market segments so I'm a bit confused as to why they would both be a good fit...

Quick question: Since you're overseas, why do you need a car in SL? Is it for your parents? Are you looking to hire it out? 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kavvz said:

The 2014-2015 Mazda 3 doesn't really fit the highlighted above...Plus the two vehicles you've settled on seem aimed at different market segments so I'm a bit confused as to why they would both be a good fit...

Quick question: Since you're overseas, why do you need a car in SL? Is it for your parents? Are you looking to hire it out? 

1. Yes and No. I choose mazda 3 cause of the elegenent look which is all new type of sedans has, and the good reviews over the country im living in. and also it is in my budget of 4.5 mil. and it has some highlighted features im looking for ( such as newer vehicle, comforty, fuel consumption) yes of course it is in another segment. but when it comes to sedan this is one of my choice and when it comes to suv the sportage. so its like one or another even though its different segments.  

2. im buying mainly for my family and occasionally my wife drove thats why im looking for automatic. also im frequently flying back n forth to sri lanka and need a good drive when im in sri lanka for trips and long distance comfort travel + other than that vehicle will run each and very day with short distance in colombo.