• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda vessel is a hybrid crossover utility that you can buy at a low price. But I saw that many problems comes with it on other threads but I cant take a straight decision depending on them cus there are both negative comments and positive ones at the same level in all the other posts.

This much of an investment is a huge amount for me so any expert who can advise me on buying it now for 4-4.5 million and other possible alternatives with the same fuel economy?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,
Im planning to buy a vehicle for 3 - 4.5 million and I would prefer a SUV or a car which is used or brand new.

3-4.5 million is a huge investment for me so I want a vehicle that looks luxurious, premium and something that will look like a 1crore vehicle for 4million lol.

Please advice.
Thanks in advance

This topic have been discussed extensively in this forum. To make it clear I’ll brief what’s good and bad.

Good

-Looks cool and has lot of options

-nice to drive with sharper handling and good performance

-good fuel economy

-high ground clearance

-speaker system is really good

Bad

-Dual clutch replacement around 80,000kms and cost around 200,000

-most of them have tampered mileages

-ride is considerably bumpy on bad roads

-front wheel slipping issue (this is going to be a real headache on unpaved roads, hilly areas and on wet roads)

-still haven’t heard about battery replacements but likely to arive within next 2-3 years

-interior parts like seats and steering wheel starts to show their age earlier than other brands

-some minor errors might arrive like dashboard lights being turned on without a reason, oxide build up inside the push start button

I have driven one and know a few owners who are friends of mine. One had to replace the dual clutch system. Driving is relatively more engaging and sharper than mainstream Toyota cars.But Most members members including me, have seen stalled Vezels with opened bonnets many times on sides of the road?. It’s not a bad car, but there are some minor issues. Most people claim that the dual clutch is a failure of the car but it’s happened generally due to the tropical climate of SL and endless traffic conditions. If relavent precautions are taken from the early life of the vehicle, the dual clutch system might serve for more kilometers.

Another thing is that if your budget falls in the starting prices of a particular model, you would likely to find most of the vehicles are in not satisfactory condition. If you can atleast extend your budget by anothe 3-4 lakhs, better condtion examples can be found with service records. If you really love to own one, just go ahead and buy, but be ready for the replacements. Some people say that 90% those clutch plates can be recalibrated amd repaired for much lesser prices, but we cannot be sure of that.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, alpha17 said:

It’s not a bad car

True. It's just that it doesn't quite survive well under harsh sri lankan conditions. If you can get a non molested one for cheap then keeping aside 2-3k apart for a repair might not even be a bad idea. It's not a terrible car or anything - actually right now since prices are cheap you could take a risk and get one but remember to keep some cash aside for a potential repair. 

15 hours ago, hustlehard said:

other possible alternatives with the same fuel economy

look don't let fuel economy be the deciding point for everything.  The Boeing 737 Max 8 burns 16% less fuel than  it's competitor the a320 neo but now do you think anyone would want to even fly on one ? 

The Vezel is actually not too good on fuel -yes for a small Crossover SUV it's ok but fuel figures are not magical. 

If a pseudo-SUV (read a hatchback with big-wheels and a bit of ground clearance) is a MUST then other options 

1. Daihatsu Terios - you can get something from around 2013-14 (Theres actually a 2014 model for sale on a different site for 4.4 M)  Lesser bells and whistles than the Vezel, a bit of a bland car but has simple technology and would be easier to maintain than the Vezel.

2. Korean Crossovers - Hyundai Tucson/ Kia Sportage: you will be looking at 2010-2012 models at this price range more refined than Terios, Looks decent.  If you're brave and masochistic at the same time you could even consider a ssangyong :D 

Edited by matroska

20 minutes ago, hustlehard said:

Any SUVs guys

Daihatsu Terios, Hyundai Tucson, Kia Sportage

If age is not a problem you can get a more rugged vehicle  like Bighorn 

I think I answered you in another thread too? 

Can you stick to one thread maybe?

Edited by matroska
Same question on different thread

1 hour ago, GayanR said:

????????

Those are neither the best nor the worst cars. I have driven most of the mainstream cars imported to SL including Hondas and Mazdas but in comparison I found nothing to hate or “make you feel like vomitting”. You’ll appreciate a Mazda after driving it on a twistry road, while you’ll appreciate an Allion/Premio after driving it on a pothole filled road or a long trip with your family. Eventhough I own a Toyota I don’t accept someone saying that “Vezel is a failure vehicle”.

• Like 1

OMG dude!!!! Am I seeing this???:blink:

First, a few corrections to be made. Allion is not a “premium” car by any means. Also it’s not the best car for the given price range. 

Allion/Premio was introduced to fill the gap between the Corolla and Camry. So it’s a bit better entry level car from Toyota. Note that most of them are abused with tampered mileages, so chances of finding a good example is much narrow. I have to say that Allion/Premio is considerably more comfortable than most of the japanese mainstream imported car models like Axio hybrid,Prius,Aqua,Honda fit gp5,Vezel,Grace etc... But at the same time it’s not a driver’s car due to considerable amount of body roll on corners. But the engine is really smooth with good fuel economy. Very Good interior space. The ground clearance is much better than other cars. I also ended up buying one due to the major factor that the car has been previously owned by a relation and considering the other major factors of Comfort, Ground clearance, Interior space(i’m 6 feet) and i’m 75km away from colombo so finding spares and good mechanics for honda and mazdas are bit of a problem as I live a busy lifestyle.

Also remember that those cars can also give you problems if not maintained properly. Around 100,000kms you have to change the ac compressor, suspension components, engine mounts, steering rack and cvt gearbox(if not properly changed the fluid). Make sure to find a one with proper records and don’t expect it to be a BMW or a Mercedes.